Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Curbs again  (Read 890 times)

HM7207

Curbs again
« on: July 06, 2023, 12:24:29 PM »
HI,

I m traing to RC a curb, I want to be able to control the lenght of transition between high and low segment.
On my grab screen or 2 exemples of what I want, using Edit poly.
The idea is
Spline ID 1 , Segment HIGH as Tile
Spline ID2, Segment Transition as Scale
Spline ID3, Segment Low as Tile.

I rather prefer use Spline lenght, than Segment Lengt, becuse I have to reuse existing 3D  for sidewalk

I try with 3 operators, but I can't WELD/FUSE those, Leaving me with Hole berwenn segment, specialy on Curves.

Thanks
« Last Edit: July 06, 2023, 12:27:03 PM by HM7207 »

Dragan

Re: Curbs again
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2023, 01:21:07 PM »
I did those with markers. You just set a marker and custom length if you want to overdrive the value in general parameters. There are also some other parameters exposed so you are free to have fun.
Please note, this was a Generator just for a one-time job and  I didn't pay so much attention when creating, so it is possible to have a bug or two...

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2023, 01:25:50 PM »
Dragan - you beat me to it - I was just about to upload a sample file using markers too  :)
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

Dragan

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2023, 01:36:26 PM »
I had this one somewhere in numerous projects. I can`t find the time to move all of those nice presets to the library and share.
Well, 22 months to go (retirement), and then I`ll show to the world what I have done in the past  8)

HM7207

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2023, 02:50:38 PM »
Thanks a lot for your time DraGan.

But It does reply half to my request.

The thing is that I have different lenghts along the curbs. I did not choose this, It is what I receive from others In Revit format.

So I have to deal with Different Length, As for transition Up and Down, and Length of total down Curb.
My Max file is an example.

Sorry For My english even in french I don"t know how to write down My needs.

I had some Blue remarks. as I said those transition lengh very A LOT along the curb. and I have... so many curb

« Last Edit: July 06, 2023, 02:53:38 PM by HM7207 »

Dragan

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2023, 07:45:55 PM »
Well, It will be difficult to control the drop angle for the transition segment, BUT if you are not having gaps in your setup then it would be easy.
First, the Transition segment (maybe Hight and Low also) should have some With Segments divisions to follow the Spline curve.
Then in your ID setup add ID4 for mirrored Segment Transition for transition from low to High:
Spline ID1 , Segment HIGH as Tile,
Spline ID2, Segment Transition as Scale,
Spline ID3, Segment Low as Tile,
Spline ID4, Segment Mirror Transition as Scale.

The graph is simple and I`m sure you will understand it. Just pay attention to the Constant node which is used to compensate for some geometry glitches in segment connections.

HM7207

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2023, 03:35:58 PM »
Thanks, It kind of work, at least enought for what I need to do.