Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Export Attributes > Pivot Position  (Read 564 times)

Dragan

Export Attributes > Pivot Position
« on: May 14, 2022, 09:47:35 AM »
Hi
When generating a complex Nested Generator I usually work from WorldOrigin 0,0,0 placing Segments and their Pivots to the right position including the RC object at the origin position. That way I can easily track all the values for Padding/Translation values during Style creation.

It will be useful for me and I believe to the other users if we can export the Segment`s Pivot position as an Attribute. Since this will be evaluated only at the start I guess this will be possible only on the Segment`s Node. I'm not sure if this could be possible further in the Style using Transform operators, perhaps a Pivot Attribute for the Nested Generator.

Also, it will be great if we could have some sort of debug mode for the Nested Generators` Pivots to visually see in the viewport where those pivots are.
I know how to realign Nested Generator using a few Transform Operators in the right order to fit my needs, especially for setting up the center of Rotations, but I guess a lot of users have difficulties on that matter. Maybe this could be a good topic for the future Tutorial or for the next Ask iToo session.

Best Regards

« Last Edit: May 14, 2022, 10:01:32 AM by Dragan »

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
Re: Export Attributes > Pivot Position
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2022, 09:52:08 AM »
Thanks for the suggestions Dragan, I'll pass them along.

By the way, you might have noticed in the current beta that we changed where the pivot point is created for nested L1S objects that use X Size. In the past it used the world origin, but it now uses the RC origin to match the behaviour of the A2S generator. Hopefully this will cause a bit less confusion and may alleviate the need to put the RC object at world origin in some cases.

Best,
Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

Dragan

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2022, 10:12:28 AM »
Thanks, Paul.
Yes, I'm keeping the track of all betas  ;)

What about some Gizmo just for visual track of nested Generator`s pivot?

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2022, 10:14:26 AM »
I'm passing that suggestion on too :)
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

Dragan

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2022, 10:29:38 AM »
I'm passing that suggestion on too :)

I need to finish tons of windows/doors presets by the end of the month and to get some $$$ for the holidays. I`m getting tired for tracking pivots for offsetting  :)
Carlos and Co. are living on the sea. Every day is a holiday for them. They don’t think about us, the continental guys.  :(  Push them HARDER!!!  ;D 8)  ;D ;D
« Last Edit: May 16, 2022, 11:32:24 AM by Dragan »