Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Falloff transition between geometry using RC objects.  (Read 583 times)

EstebanAV

Falloff transition between geometry using RC objects.
« on: June 28, 2023, 05:59:16 PM »
Hi everyone!

Got this question after battling for a long time without sucess. So, I've been looking for a way to generate a smooth transition between three different railclone objects. Each one has a different geometry allocated. Please find attached an image of what I'm trying to get.

Essentially I'm looking for two main things:
1- Get a gradient or falloff transition between one colored zone to another so we don't see sharp limits. The idea is to mix different geometry just a bit.
2- The last orange color zone, I'd need to have less and less geometry as it gets closer to the edge. Is it possible to get this? Hope this makes sense.

Also, I could be wrong using three raiclones instead of one but I'm not skilled enough yet to decide what's better...Waiting for any kind advice.
PS: I couldn't find a tutorial or post with a solution for this (Watched the gradient probability tutorial but it only offers two options, while I need 3).

Thanks!

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
Re: Falloff transition between geometry using RC objects.
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2023, 10:01:33 AM »
Hi,

Thanks for the interesting question. You should be able to achieve that using Gradient probability macros wired to the Index input of a selector operator. You can connect multiple macros together into a chain to get as many divisions as you need. You can also use another Gradient/Selector combo with a Null segment to create the density falloff of the outer edge of the disc. Here's how the graph would look

A sample file is attached that you can use as a basis for your own style.

I hope that helps,

Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

Dragan

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2023, 11:03:13 AM »
 ;D
Paul, you are such a fun of Gradiant macro!!! Very nice!

For your next birthday:

EstebanAV

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2023, 05:15:15 PM »
Wooooow!!! Paul, this is absolutely great! Exactly what I was looking for. RC is such a fantastic tool.
I've tested it and works like a charm. Thank you a lot for your time and for developing this solution, which is also way simpler than what I've ever imagined.
Cheers!

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2023, 10:39:56 AM »
No problem at all - happy to help out  :)
Paul Roberts
iToo Software