Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Help with Sliding Door  (Read 1385 times)

CharlyRT

Help with Sliding Door
« on: August 31, 2023, 04:52:44 AM »
Hi there, i m trying to create a sliding door but there are 2 things that i cannot solve
1 - The Door Frame is sliding to the end of the line but i want to adjust it so when its open at 100% it stuck at the same edge as the other frame not the end of the line, i could stop it at some % but if i increase the size of the door this doesnt help.
2 - Im having trouble sincronizing the door Handle to the same spot as it should be when its not open

Im attaching the file on Max 2020 and a little animation about the issue
Hope u could help me with this  :-[

PS. A while ago Paul recommend me Screen to Gif but im having issues while saving the file, as you can see everything moves  :P which settings do you reccomend to save the files?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2023, 05:09:56 PM by RTstudio »

Dragan

Re: Help with Sliding Door
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2023, 08:06:13 AM »
Hi,
It is always a good practice to lower down Max file version so that other members can jump in.

However, If you need some sliding door preset here is one I've been working on a long time ago.

https://youtu.be/6sQsY5KqWGs

Since I`m creating RC presets for various clients those all-in-one window solutions are my free time projects and most of the time remain unfinished.  :)
I still didn`t finish and tested that macro although it is near to being finished.

Let me just give you some info about the parameters that may not be clear:

- Division: Enter the value of Count or Lenght for the single frame. The threshold to automatic "switch" is 20, so if you enter the value  less or equal to 20 then it will work as Count mode else it will work as Distance mode
- Asymmetric Center: When Opening is set to Center both sides can be open Symmetrically on left/right or Asimetricaly some side is more open than the other side (active when random is on)
- Closed%: At the start, all doors are opened so you can set the percentage amount of fully closed doors.
- Center Adaptiveness: At the moment the Center opening will always switch to an Even number of door frames. When Opening is set to Center and Division is in Distance mode this parameter will take the Round or the Floor value for the odd count. (eg. if the count of the door frames from the Distance calculation would be 9 the Round will switch to 10 and the Floor will switch to 8)
- Slide Mode - When opening, stacked will act as each door frame is pushing the next one and Linear will open all door frames at the same time
- Overlap - This parameter will increase the door`s frame length to overlap when closed
- Master offset: Offset from the BaseSpline to push everything "inside the wall" if needed
- Limit By ID: Here you can set Limit by Material_ID so you can set different preset ==> copy/paste ==> set ID ==> to assign to the same BaseSpline 

Most of the parameters you can control by RC Spline Markers. Please check the RC Modifier on the BaseSpline (Rectangle002) and unhide it.
With Individual Marker added to the start position on each Subspline you have the option to create a unique setup for each subspline.

Let me know if you have any questions about this RC Preset or if you need some specific one.

You can also check my Gumrad page and download some more macros: https://dragan-prodanic.gumroad.com/

Best Regards
Dragan

CharlyRT

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2023, 05:12:51 PM »
Hi Dragan, thank u so much for the tips  :D, ill give it a try
Youre right i totally forgot to downsave the max file  :-[, i reuploaded it as 2020

CharlyRT

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2023, 07:58:55 PM »
Hi Dragan:

I was reviewing the style of the preset that you shared, I honestly don't understand almost anything about the process you have done, it is too complicated for me, I am not an advanced user, I would like to control the following:

-Height
-Width
-*Open (im having trouble controling this)
-*Division (i didnt think that this could be done with the same style)
-Apply on Areas / Lines

I attach the file in max 2020 that has all the pieces that i want to use and my style that is failing  :'(

Dragan

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2023, 01:48:38 PM »
Hi
Unfortunately, my vacation starts today and my wife threatens to divorce me if I touch the computer until September 22.  :-\

Yes, My macro is a little bit complicated  8) This results from a lot of features included and a lot of calculations happening under the hood.
I`ll see if I can sneak out for an hour or two this weekend while we are still at home to check your segment pieces and see if I can add those to my macro.

If you have any questions about the macro and parameters/features feel free to ask and I will try to clarify.

CharlyRT

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2023, 05:27:06 PM »
Hi Dragan, thanks for answering, come on, dont bother in any of this, it could wait, its not urgent, enjoy your vacation  8).

CharlyRT

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2023, 01:23:31 AM »
Hi there, could someone take a look into this, on how could i solve this request?
Ill really apreciate it
« Last Edit: September 27, 2023, 01:28:50 AM by RTstudio »