Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: How do this floor  (Read 2244 times)

3dbybrunolopes

• Senior 3D Artist
    • 3dbybrunolopes online portfolio
How do this floor
« on: March 15, 2017, 05:59:36 PM »
Hi,

Someone can help me to build this pattern with the objects below, to do a full floor?
thanks
]

3dbybrunolopes

• Senior 3D Artist
Re: How do this floor
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2017, 12:05:00 PM »
Please...!!!

I'm shure (I think) the approach must be by using a compose node to comp the full tile and then the arrays does the rest. But I don't get it!

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2017, 12:26:33 PM »
Hi,

Thanks for contacting us. Although it is possible to recreate this as you suggest using the Compose node in conjunction with segment padding, it could be tricky to do so. Unless you have a good reason for needing each segment to be separate, I would instead create a geometry object that represents a single tile, assigning element a unique material ID.

In RailClone you can then randomise the textures using a sequence of Material nodes, one for each Material ID as follow:

If you prefer to use compose then I can recommend the flooring tutorial that takes you through the basic principles.

I hope that helps, please let me know if you have any further questions.

Many Thanks,

Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

3dbybrunolopes

• Senior 3D Artist
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2017, 12:32:37 PM »
Hi Paul,

Thank you for your quick reply.

My main objective with separate elements, was to use uvw coords inside railcone and used the uvw xform node to randomize offset.
Can this be achieved with this approach?

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2017, 12:47:29 PM »
In that case I would UVW map and randomise the offsets on the source geometry first so that they're not continuous across the tile. You can then use the UVW Xform operator to randomise offsets as normal. The UVWs for each element will always have the same offset relative to one another, but if they're discontinuous in the first place I don't think you'll notice.

Cheers,

Paul
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 12:59:59 PM by Paul Roberts »
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

3dbybrunolopes

• Senior 3D Artist
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2017, 01:51:30 PM »
done and dusted.

I've used your suggestion, doing one tile, uvmap (unwrapped), and applied to each element a different material id.
With that I was able to use your trick, a material sequence for each material ID to randomize a variation map (vraymultitex) to tone down or up each plank,

Does the job, and that's what's important :)

Thanks!

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2017, 01:56:46 PM »
Great - glad that worked for you. Thanks for sharing the results, it's always nice to see what users are up to.
Paul Roberts
iToo Software