Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Irregular brick size  (Read 1218 times)

JB3332

Irregular brick size
« on: June 16, 2017, 07:50:13 PM »
Hello everyone,
so I have to build this brick wall (not the infamous one :P) and I can't any similar texture, so I thought to build it with raiclone and create a texture from there.

The problem I am facing is the bricks they all are different size and proportions, raicloner can adjust that only on the horizontal but when is on the vertical it only follows the tallest brick.
I saw a similar tutorial (wood boards) but I can't make it work in this case.
I am attaching an image,  as a reference, my main concern is the field brick, not the large accent panels, those can be manually placed, but the main areas I need to resolve that.
you help is appreciated.

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Re: Irregular brick size
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2017, 11:04:38 AM »
Hi,

Because of the rule mentioned below, you might find the approach explained in this related thread useful.

In our Getting Started with RailClone guide (under chapter 9 - Create your first 2d array) you can find following rule for building 2D arrays:

Rule 2: To avoid gaps, Segments should be the same Y length: Because the A2S array is a stack of L1S generators, if you use Segments with unequal sizes on the Y axis in a row, the overall height of that row is determined by the tallest segment. The row directly above will be positioned after the tallest segment and gaps will appear.

Best regadrs,