Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: How to alter a Rectanuglar Spline's x and y from a list of known values? (L1S)  (Read 505 times)

3dvisuals.co.uk

Newbie here :)

I'm trying to automate a way of creating hanging artwork for my interiors - I have a selection of 26 Picture Frame Profiles and my artwork imagery (photos) can be displayed at various common print sizes (A5, A4, 10x8 etc etc).

I have managed to create a Selector for my Picture Frame Profiles and on a single rectangular spline (representing ONE print size) that all works fine....

But I have a selection of valid print sizes, and I can't seem to use a Selector for Splines since Selectors only work for Segments.....

Can anyone please give me some advice?

"Value List" sounds like it'd do what I want - so I'll investigate that, but in the meantime, someone may be able to chime in and advise?

Any ideas?

Many thanks.

3dvisuals.co.uk

I want to be able to change the size of a rectangular spline in a Linear1S Generator from a list of acceptable Length and Width values;

i.e.

178x127,
254x203,
305x229,
457x305,
508x406,
610x457.

I'm trying to develop a way of creating wall hanging Photoframes using a variety of frame profiles and different print sizes.

I'm using a Selector for the Profiles but I can't seem to find a way of being able to select from a list of acceptable print sizes (i.e the above).

Please can someone help/advise?

Many thanks.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2023, 02:30:05 PM by 3dvisuals.co.uk »

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Hi Jez,

I’m afraid, that Splines can’t be modified, and assigning different Material IDs for these spline parts for these purposes would be the recommendable way. Another option would be to use the Array 2S1 Generator’s Start, End, Top & Bottom Inputs and drive exported X & Y Size values by the mentioned Values List parameters.

I hope that helps.

Best regards,