Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Keeping a nested generator inside a frame  (Read 442 times)

dejan

Keeping a nested generator inside a frame
« on: June 28, 2022, 09:51:21 AM »
Hi, I've been following the door tutorial from one of the recent Q&As to try and create a shutter model.
My problem is that I can't figure out a way of keeping my linear generator inside the frame of my 2s array. I fetched the size of my array with an expression and translated it a bit to fit inside the frame on the bottom and the start, but I don't know how to limit the size on top and the end. I tried doing that with a null segment but it's not working.

I'm uploading a file here, it should be clearer what I mean. The generators in question are called "Linear 1S1" and "Array 2S_lamele".
Thank you for checking it out.

Dragan

Re: Keeping a nested generator inside a frame
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2022, 10:30:59 AM »
Check the General>Clipping Area>For No-Slice>Preserve/Free because you turned off slicing in the transform operator.

Mozes da me kontaktiras i direktno ako ti bas zagusti.
Pozdrav Dragan.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2022, 12:34:39 PM by Dragan »

dejan

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2022, 01:27:29 PM »
Hvala Dragane  :)
But when I switch to Preserve for no slice, the linear generator just extends even more outside of the frame defined by the array. How do I keep it inside the frame on all 4 sides?

Dragan

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2022, 04:40:18 PM »
Probaj...
« Last Edit: June 28, 2022, 04:43:00 PM by Dragan »

dejan

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2022, 05:05:58 PM »
That works perfectly!
The only problem I see is the top lamella which is intersecting with the top of the frame. Not sure how to fiy that one, this got a bit too complex for me  :D

Dragan

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2022, 06:14:43 PM »
I`m not near the computer again :D
Evenly distribution is tricky since the calculation is based on the spline division not including start/end or top/bottom segments.
There is a powerful attribute  SectionAdjustedLength but you will have to nest another L1S to default or Evenly(Count=1).

For your Style, I`ll add a Conditional operator (after Sequence) with  SegmentYCounter exposed set to "less than" some 'number'. This will limit the number of lamellas to a certain number. I guess this number should be somewhere around (Ylenght-2*frame width)/evenly distance)-1.