Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Markers <> Subsplines link  (Read 398 times)

Dragan

Markers <> Subsplines link
« on: April 04, 2022, 10:52:25 AM »
I know it is more due to the 3DSMAX issue but I`m just curious if something can be done on the Itoo side regarding how the Markers are linked to the Subspline/Segments order.
eg.
1. Create 10 Subsplines/Segments and add markers to the Subsplines 1 - 7.
2. Delete Subspline/Segment 3 and 4 and Max will renumber all the Subsplines/Segments to have a sequence of numbers 1-8. Markers will follow the new orders and shift to the new positions linking to a new order.
Imagine that each Subspline/Segment is a position for the window of a building with certain user data included.
During the project, some windows should be deleted or added (by deleting adding Spline Segments - requested workflow ) and it will be very difficult to track all the Markers being shifted.
I know that workaround will be to control the presence of the Windows by the presence of the markers themselves but the clients workflow is based on adding/deleting Spline Segments.

ER: It will be also a nice feature if we can copy Segments and appropriate Markers at the same time eg. by copying more Segments to the newly created floors.

I can illustrate some examples if my text description was unclear. Than you.

« Last Edit: April 04, 2022, 10:58:25 AM by Dragan »

Dragan

Re: Markers <> Subsplines link
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2022, 11:03:56 AM »

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
Re: Markers <> Subsplines link
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2022, 02:14:44 PM »
Thanks Dragan,

Makes perfect sense, I'll pass it on to the devs although I can't promise it's an easy fix.

Cheers,
Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software