Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Parametric Doors (having problems adding a door handle)  (Read 711 times)

Mantas_Kava

Parametric Doors (having problems adding a door handle)
« on: October 27, 2019, 04:17:50 PM »
Hello,

So how do I put this last peace (handle) into parametric RC object/model? You can see original geo on the left and RC object on the right.

Thanks

Dragan

Re: Parametric Doors (having problems adding a door handle)
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2019, 04:40:43 PM »
Hi, since you are using RC4 you can nest two generators or Compose (group mode) can do the trick.
For my "All-In-One Window Frame" Macro I have combined Nesting with Compose and my Style looks like  :o
You can check the video to see all the possibilities:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTGXqxQVI-E&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR1yKokctq33cSJFIqvPoNTxTWObZhPri468lCjxY7Q-Po1Up1ZQEnRqVsQ

« Last Edit: October 27, 2019, 04:42:29 PM by Dragan »

Mantas_Kava

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2019, 05:01:43 PM »
Tried 3 different methods, none of them works for me. I guess I am just doing something wrong here.

Here's all 3 of them:

Nested generators

Separate generators

Grouped objects

Something I cannot figure out yet is how do I completely disable object's tiling in every direction? and scaling too. Because in this case I don't wanna modify my handle's geo in any way.

Dragan

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2019, 05:15:48 PM »
Go with the separate generator:
1. Place the Transform after handle Segment to control height position and connect to eg. Start Bottom.
2. Connect Both Generators to Compose(Group mode)
3. Use Third Generator and connect Compose to Default

You should probably have to add Transform after Compose to override Alignment to Pivot

Mantas_Kava

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2019, 05:48:51 PM »
Okay, this setup seems to work:

Thanks alot for your input, Dragan.

Now the last thing I wanna fix is this:

You can see my current clipping area spline in red, but I want it to be where the arrows point. Although door size shouldn't change. So when I make a rectangle spline (clipping area) equal to the hole in the wall the doors actually are bigger than the hole itself.
Any tips on this?

Rokas

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2019, 05:56:03 PM »
Hopefully Spline Offset spline modifier can help.
Rokas

Mantas_Kava

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2019, 06:16:50 PM »
I believe spline offset isn't the most efficient way to do this + it offsets on all four sides, and I need only top, left and right to be offset. + That's manual fixing anyways, better off just moving vertices of the spline itself.
What I'm looking for (I believe) is offsetting top, left and right by a set amount of mm/cm. I'm kinda new to RC, but I would be surprised if that's not possible.

Mantas_Kava

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2019, 06:19:34 PM »
Tried using Transform node on each of the parts to offset them where I want, but everything that gets outside of clipping area gets cut off, so that didn't work.

Dragan

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2019, 06:46:29 PM »
Edit: Try with paddings. Add Transform nodes after Segments/Mirrors and adjust the padding value.
I think Side will be a problem in that case and those values should be calculated to the right size by Arithmetic expression.
I had a similar issue and as I remember I solve this by calculating Sides (this way also reduce the number of segment on the Y direction).
I think I had to turn off slice too.
BUT, this approach dismisses the use of Y evenly and I had to make separate Generators for X/Y Evenly.

« Last Edit: October 27, 2019, 07:05:30 PM by Dragan »

Dragan

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2019, 07:09:21 PM »
And try to go with right Pivot placement (Place all the pivots to target your spline) and set Alignment to Pivots for the segments.

Windows&Doors are #%$%$^#@#$^$  ;)
That is why I create a Macro to fits my needs. I will probably share it when I solve some material issues.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2019, 07:15:41 PM by Dragan »