Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Controlling material randomisation  (Read 630 times)

FC2603

Controlling material randomisation
« on: September 22, 2022, 07:26:50 AM »
I have an RC object of shipping containers using the Shelf Stacker macro. I've got a simple material operator to randomise the colours but I'm wondering if there's any way to control the percentages of the colours, as there are a couple of materials I only want a handful of.

I've had a look at the material macros and have been playing with the 'Randomise Material ID Range' by replacing IDs 9 - 10 (the two colours I want to see less of) with IDs 1-8 as a workaround but it doesn't seem to make any difference.

Is there a way I can achieve this?

FC2603

Re: Controlling material randomisation
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2022, 07:44:30 AM »
Just occurred to me, is it a simple case of adding more materials to my multi/sub and wiring in the the colours I want to see more of a few more times?!

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2022, 09:34:05 AM »
Hi,

You could do this using two Material nodes, one randomising between the first part of the range (e.g. ID 1- 7), and a second one wiring to the range for which you want to set a probability (e.g. ID 8-10). You can then wire these to a Randomise node and control the probabilities from there.

I hope that helps,

Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

on_arte

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2022, 12:13:01 AM »
For something less accurate, I'd play with RailCloneColor map and Get color from a Map with a patch of colors wanted. No ?
« Last Edit: October 22, 2022, 01:43:04 PM by on_arte »
Sorry for my bad english...

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2022, 09:16:39 AM »
Hi,

Sure, using the Random Values option of the Get Color from Map mode should do the job ;)

Best regards,