thanks for the question. We've been asked about this a few times and it's a tricky one to solve. If the clipping around the boundary of the room isn't a big deal there is a solution to this that works quite well. It involves using two generators, one for the ceiling with lights, and another with just plain tiles. To set it up you would need to change the following.
- The generators must use either X and Y Sizes, or X and Y Splines to set the size of the array. You can't use Extend X/Y Size to are for this technique
- All segments should have Properties > Deform > Slice
- Create two generators, one includes the full style, with the light fittings etc. The second one has only blank tiles. Make sure they use exactly the same XY dimensions/splines
- Create a spline that encompasses the boundary of the room and the footprint of any pillars or other areas you don't need lights.
- Wire this to the Clipping input.
- For both generators, change the Clipping Area > For No Slice
mode to Remove
- For the first array (the one with the lights) set Clipping Area > Mode
. This will remove all entire segments that cross the clipping spline.
- For the second array (plane tiles) set Clipping Area > Mode
. This will add back the segments "outside" the clipping spline.
I've attached a simplified sample file to illustrate this technique. I hope that helps but please let me know if you have any further questions.