Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: RC Banking Issue  (Read 1890 times)

PX2938

RC Banking Issue
« on: February 01, 2024, 02:31:13 PM »
Hello, i'm trying to make a vertical drop for a rollercoaster with a 180degree twist as it drops, im using the railclone spline modifier to add banking points, but when the spline turns back on itself its turning the mesh inside out or reflecting it, all vertexes are welded, have tried reversing splines also, any ideas how i can fix this?

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Re: RC Banking Issue
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2024, 02:41:17 PM »
Hi,

If possible, please send us your scene (preferably simplified and containing only the problematic object(s)) and we'll check it here. Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

PX2938

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2024, 02:59:21 PM »
Thanks! I've sent a wetransfer link to the help email

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2024, 09:51:19 AM »
Big thanks for the provided scene. Unfortunately, the current algorithm of the Banking feature has to be rewritten - it's not dealing well with values on vertical splines. Hopefully, a better solution will be found soon.

Let me mention that instead of using three Generators with the Limits > Material ID feature, the Selector Operator in the X Spline Material ID mode would be the recommended way to simplify the style setup.

Best regards,

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2024, 09:43:34 AM »
Please, take a look to RC 6.1.7.
We have rewritten completely the banking algorithm. Now it should work much better to solve problems like this.
Carlos Quintero
iToo Software