Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: RC facade - geometry issues  (Read 622 times)

duck

RC facade - geometry issues
« on: March 04, 2021, 10:23:31 AM »
Hello,
I'm having some issues with a facade I'm building in RC. It works well for the most part but for some corners I get unwanted geometry (shown red).
Does aynone know how to solve that?

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
Re: RC facade - geometry issues
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2021, 01:27:53 PM »
Hi!

Thanks for the question. It would appear that for some reason some of the lines are not perfectly straight causing a very very tiny bevel to occur. We're possibly talking fractions of a mm that might have been caused by some rounding error. The only solution I could find was to edit the problematic vertices slightly. In this GIF I reset the Z-position of a couple of verts back to zero and tweaked another on the Y axis manually.

Hope it helps,

Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

Dragan

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2021, 01:31:13 PM »
Try to add the NULL segment to the corner input with a very small X size value e.g. 0.0002 (it will add some gap but sometimes it can be acceptable if the deadline is around the corner).
Also, you can try to set Segment Deform to Vertical.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2021, 01:42:55 PM by Dragan »

duck

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2021, 03:35:47 PM »
Hi!

Thanks for the question. It would appear that for some reason some of the lines are not perfectly straight causing a very very tiny bevel to occur. We're possibly talking fractions of a mm that might have been caused by some rounding error. The only solution I could find was to edit the problematic vertices slightly. In this GIF I reset the Z-position of a couple of verts back to zero and tweaked another on the Y axis manually.

Hope it helps,

Paul

Thanks a lot. I guess that will always be tricky once you have to work outside of home grid. Good to know what caused the problem : )

duck

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2021, 03:50:06 PM »
Try to add the NULL segment to the corner input with a very small X size value e.g. 0.0002 (it will add some gap but sometimes it can be acceptable if the deadline is around the corner).
Also, you can try to set Segment Deform to Vertical.

Tnx - I tried that. That might work just fine!