Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: RC requests  (Read 1806 times)

ST3200

RC requests
« on: December 15, 2023, 11:17:50 AM »
Hi,
There is a long time I don't use RC but after seeing ITOO tuto videos I undestand much more now !  :-)
I would like to know if it could be possible to do some improvements if it don't already exist :

- Select segment or spline by right click on the name in property panel ( now we can just clear it ), it would be more easy to find it in the scene.
- Expose Rail clone values to 3dsmax, so we could wireparameter a spline Z position with height of a Array 2S ( for eg )
- Could it be possible to have a "spline id" option ? when making a Array 2S, it could be cool to have possibility to change height according to spline ID. So with one RC object we can have different heights.
Now we need to make different RC objects for this. Or we can control with id the style of windows,etc

I have two questions :

- Is there a way to force RC to update, because sometimes when I pick a new spline in the Style editor , all the Rail clone object is not correctly updated, and I need to clear the spline and re-click,etc
- Why in randomize node, when I check "custom seed" option, I have a better randomization ?

Thank you.  :)
« Last Edit: December 15, 2023, 11:23:13 AM by ST3200 »

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Re: RC requests
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2023, 11:55:49 AM »
Hi,

Thank you very much for your feedback.

(1) Though you can easily access these objects by using the quad menu (select the RC object, right-click, and choose Select RailClone Base Object / Select RailClone Segment), we will consider adding this option to the Style Editor / UI in future releases.

(2) If you want to use the 3ds Max's Wire Parameters tool, in order to be able to see the listed parameters, you'll need to add a keyframe.

(3) That can be handled by the generator L1S / A2S Generator > Limit > Material ID feature.

(4) Using the Build button from the Display / Build rollout should do the trick. Also, within the RailClone Lister, you can use the checkbox in the second column to enable or disable a RailClone object. Optionally, you can use the $.disabled property in the following way:

$.disabled = on;
$.disabled = off;

In a similar way, you can enable/disable the "automatic rebuilding" of the RC object by having the "Auto" option unchecked (by setting the update mode of RailClone to "manual"), or by using maxscript:

$.autoUpdate = on;
$.autoUpdate = off;

(5) Not necessarily "better," just different values will be generated.

I hope that helps.

Best regards,

ST3200

Re: RC requests
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2023, 03:34:25 PM »
Waow, thanks for your fast answer !   :o

(1) Cool if it is in style editor / UI ! Directly on the Segment node would be perfect ! ( with multiple selection ? )

(2) I can't add keyframes in style editor.  How ?

(3) I would dream a new node ( see pict ) Would it be usefull ?

Thanks.