Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: RC X-OffSet  (Read 2918 times)

QK1362

RC X-OffSet
« on: May 24, 2017, 10:30:38 AM »
hello i need to offset the lights here but i couldnt find a way to that ... what does i miss here? and why is there no X-Offset?

THANK you! =)

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
Re: RC X-OffSet
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2017, 01:34:40 PM »
Hi,

You can achieve an X offset by adjusting the X Fixed Translation of the segments themselves. Alternatively if you need to adjust the position of the array inside the Clipping spline, you can use the Clipping Area > Expand value.

I hope that helps, please let me know if you have any further questions.

Many Thanks,

Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

QK1362

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2018, 12:04:21 PM »
im sorry for reanimate the topic but i have a problem where i need the X-Offset again and im wondering why it isnt implemented in Railclone while it is in Forestpack:

and for the Random Operator: will there be a Random seed in the future so it wouldn repeat? because i we got slightly diffrent height all over the building but the same repetitve elements (but nor in height)

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2018, 04:14:54 PM »
Hi,

The "X Offset" is something we would like to include, but there doesn't seem to be a simple solution as it may cause problems with some features as Bevels etc.

Currently, to move all Segments would be the recommendable way adding a Transform Operator (to modify Translation / Padding values) after the Sequence Operator in your case.

Upon provided screen-shots, I guess you're using "nested" RC objects - by enabling the Deform > Nest option you should get random distribution on these. Actually, in most situations, an A2S Generator will achieve equivalent results without the need to nest multiple RailClone objects. You might consider using the Array 2S Generator instead of your current set-up.

Let me add, that in some cases, you might find a good alternative to the Randomize Operator by using a Random Parameter (which has several modes) linked to the Selector Operator.

Hope that helps.

Best regards,