Thanks for the kind words about the tutorial, I'm glad you found it useful. Please find attached a revised version of your file with blade rotation and adjustable opening and closing. here are the changes I made:
- Set the louvre's Properties > Alignment > Y
so that it rotates around an unchanging point.
- Set the louvre's Fixed Size > Y
so that whatever the rotation it's size remains the same.
- Add a Transform operator and export the louvre's Top Padding
value and wires it to a Numeric node. This is use to open and close the blind.
- Export the Y Rotation value and wire to a Numeric node to control the rotation of the blind.
- Wire the Louvre segment to a Sequence operator. Wire a second empty segment to the second input. When a sequence operator encounters an empty segment no more objects are created so using this we can fix the number of louvres in the array. To change the number of louvres you can simply edit the Count value in the Sequence operator's settings. In the attached example I've wired this to a Numeric node for easy editing.
- At the moment the Louvres are starting at the bottom of the window. To fix this enter a value of 180
for the generator's Clipping Area > Z Rotation
property to rotate the entire array.
Here's the amended node tree:
At the moment I have used Parameter nodes but they could all be replaced with Random nodes if you like, similar to the technique shown in the Blinds tutorial.
I hope that helps, please let me know if you have any other questions.