Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Scripts for RailClone  (Read 129604 times)

DBowker3D

Re: Scripts for RailClone
« Reply #60 on: March 09, 2021, 07:11:13 PM »
Also just purchased this one and another on the site! Super useful tools, all of which (grumble) all seem like they should already be integrated into Max as standard features. There are all these simple and obvious spline operations that were part of AutoCAD, like 20 years ago, that still aren't in Max... Anyway- glad someone is offering a solution to a few of them.

TL1895

« Reply #61 on: May 07, 2021, 02:47:38 PM »

this should be enabled in default...

+1

Dragan

RC Spline - Script for adding Markers
« Reply #62 on: July 13, 2021, 08:05:34 PM »
Hi,
I need a Script that will add one Marker at the start of every Subspline (It can also add RC Spline modifier itself, so one button script will solve all).
I know about the "All" check box but I need to have individual Markers at the start of the each Subspline so I can make a selection in Viewport and then make adjustments.
If someone can make this happen I`ll be very grateful  ;D ;)

Best Regards
Dragan
« Last Edit: July 13, 2021, 08:25:55 PM by Dragan »

Rokas

Re: RC Spline - Script for adding Markers
« Reply #63 on: July 13, 2021, 09:01:41 PM »
Hi,
I need a Script that will add one Marker at the start of every Subspline (It can also add RC Spline modifier itself, so one button script will solve all).
I know about the "All" check box but I need to have individual Markers at the start of the each Subspline so I can make a selection in Viewport and then make adjustments.

Best Regards
Dragan

Happy to help You, Dragan.
Let me know if it works as You expected or need anything tweaked?
Rokas

Dragan

« Reply #64 on: July 13, 2021, 09:08:45 PM »
GREAT!!!
Thank you Rokas!  ;)
Best Regards!

Dragan

« Reply #65 on: July 18, 2021, 10:18:24 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D
Not sure if this is even possible.
The script should find a distance between SubSpline and the next Z-axis point of the "wall" and apply this value as Subspline ID.
This value can be later used for Door/Window Height when L1S is used as a master generator.
Any ideas?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2021, 05:48:12 PM by Dragan »

Dragan

« Reply #66 on: July 19, 2021, 11:01:57 PM »
... adding one more tweak to the previous idea...
Besides applying distance value to the SubSpline IDs it will be great to also apply it on the Marker_UserData[_] (considering that Marker already exist on the Start position)

« Last Edit: July 19, 2021, 11:04:11 PM by Dragan »

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
« Reply #67 on: July 20, 2021, 10:33:13 AM »
Hi Dragan,

Thanks for these ideas. It all looks rather complex to me and goes a bit beyond providing scripting support for RailClone functions. I'm afraid I don't think we have the time to be able to write a custom script like this, though I'll add the idea to our wish list.

Cheers,
Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

Dragan

« Reply #68 on: July 20, 2021, 10:43:53 AM »
Hi Paul.
You guys already have a ton of work working on the new RC5   ;D and already helped me a lot over time  ;)  so my hopes are towards the community. Maybe someone else is good at scripting that can help.

Rio

« Reply #69 on: January 06, 2022, 01:21:55 PM »
Sorry if I've missed it, and this may be asking a bit too much. But is there a script that will place markers on a basespline based on the proximity to the pivot of a set of other scene objects?

I want to recreate this facade with Railclone,there are about 5 different window types an no overall pattern, so I'll place them with markers. Just looking to spped up the conversion process a bit (this could help me a lot in future too)

Rio

« Reply #70 on: January 28, 2022, 10:18:50 AM »
I don't suppose anyone knows how to amend this script to add a random spline ID or one of the data channels within a certain range (1-6 for example) per marker / subspline?

Hi,

Best Regards
Dragan

Happy to help You, Dragan.
Let me know if it works as You expected or need anything tweaked?

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
« Reply #71 on: January 28, 2022, 02:21:34 PM »
I don't suppose anyone knows how to amend this script to add a random spline ID or one of the data channels within a certain range (1-6 for example) per marker / subspline?

Here's an amended version of the script. There are two new lines that should be easy to edit for your needs as follows

Code: [Select]
-- Randomises the ID value of new markers
-- change random range using random [start range] [end range]
each.modifiers[#RC_Spline].mkuserid[i] = random 1 6

-- Randomise the Data value of new markers
-- change marker using mkuserdata0/mkuserdata1/mkuserdata2/mkuserdata3 etc
-- change random range using random [start range] [end range]
each.modifiers[#RC_Spline].mkuserdata0[i] = random 1 6

Paul Roberts
iToo Software

Rio

« Reply #72 on: January 28, 2022, 08:48:45 PM »
Fantastic! thanks a lot!

Dragan

« Reply #73 on: April 07, 2022, 10:02:56 AM »
Please, can somebody help me with a script for automatically extracting a closed spline from multiple selected polygons?
I know how to extract an outline from a single selected poligon (Paul explained in tut: https://www.itoosoft.com/tutorials/creating-roofs-with-railclone?back=page%3D8),
but I need to speed up the process by selecting multiple polygons and getting Closed splines from each individual polygon.
I`m aware of the "Apply RC to Poly" script from page 1, but this one will duplicate RC objects and I need to have it all in one RC Object/Clipping Spline.
Hope that makes sense. Tnx

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
« Reply #74 on: April 07, 2022, 02:08:22 PM »
Hi Dragan, is the CreateBoundarySplines script any use to you. Its default mode creates a spline for each selected polygon.
Paul Roberts
iToo Software