Please take a look at the attached. The simplest solution, in this case, was to do the following:
- Model the two sizes of tile, position them as they would be in the final pattern and then align their pivots.
- Wire them to a compose operator set to Group mode
- Add a Transform operator after the Compose node
- Adjust the Z-Rotation and the Right Padding until the gaps between the adjacent segments are closed
- Adjust to Top Padding to remove the gap between the rows.
- Optionally, adjust the General>Clipping Area > Z Rotation property to align the rows. This could be the negative value of the Z rotation value used above.
I hope that helps,