On a recent project I worked a lot with RailClone and Substance Designer. In direct comparison the node workflow in RC was more time-consuming and cumbersome than in SD. Some features I was missing especially:
- The ability to drag a node onto a wire to insert it there. In RC I have to drag the node and manually rewire the in- and outputs.
- Even quicker, the ability to select a wire and click once on a node type in the right hand items panel to have a node of that type inserted there.
- The ability to delete a node without breaking the connection (having the wires automatically bridge the gap). Again, in RC I have to rewire manually.
- The ability to create instances of nodes (for example adding an instanced transform node to multiple segments for synchronized edits).
- Less important, but still nice, an optional grid to snap nodes to.
I don't know if it's just me, but personally I'd love to see these workflow changes implemented.