First thank you for your great software, It's really time saving & productive.
This time We decided to create traffic setup with RC to achieve some considerations:
- low traffic & high traffic setup (no animations required but if that's possible It will be great!).
- variations on cars displayed (more or less public transportation - less trucks - more passengers cars - .. etc)
We know RC is not designed for such cases and We have to deal with challenges like many Mat IDs required .. But thanks to great script from "Rappa Tools" we managed to create Multi-Sub/Objet Mat within few seconds! Then we converted all the cars to V-Ray Proxies in case we used "RailClone Tools" later.
So our idea for simple RC was the following:
At High Traffic Setup, We got really good results with low memory usage!, But we have an issue at the end of the splines:
At Low Traffic Setup, We got another issue with cars on curved segments:
So our questions are:
1. Is there another method to achieve previous and avoiding the two issues occurred in low & high Traffic Setup?
2. If RC is not the good solution here .. Can we do that at forest lite\Pro with above considerations? (Can you show us an example?)
Our Wishlist from this experience:
1. We think RC really needs a very simple & useful script to create Multi/Sub Object Material from selected objects and has a feature to add more later on after adding more objects.
2. Feature to offset the segments at the start & end of the spline.
3. Feature to "Adaptive" Mode to remove over-exceed segments (like Clipping Mode in Array Generator).
4. Feature to "Material Operator" to replace many Mat IDs once instead of having series of them.
Excuse my English