To add an empty space after a shutter segment you could enter a value in the Right Padding property. This will add a gap every time this segment is used.
If you need the space to be a randomly sized you can do that too, just follow these steps:
- Wire the Shutter segment to a new Transform node.
- Right click on the Transform node and export Padding > Right Padding
- Create a new Random Number node and connect it to the exported Right Padding input
- Select the Random Number node and set it to generate a new number for every Segment. Also enter your Minimum and Maximum values
- Finally, select the Transform operator and ensure that Padding is turned On
Another approach to add empty spaces randomly anywhere in the array is to add a Segment node but don't add any geometry, instead just increase the Padding or X Size value to create a gap. You can then add this to a Randomise operator to add spaces to the array. You can also use the procedure described above with empty segments if you'd like the gap size to be randomised too.
I hope that helps, please let me know if you have further questions.