Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Padding problem with compose modfier, Array 2S generator  (Read 525 times)

Joker1979

Padding problem with compose modfier, Array 2S generator
« on: September 16, 2022, 11:28:58 AM »
Hello, I have another quite difficult problem, I have a compose modifier, I don't know how to fix the padding in this facility so that the walls touch together, I tried everything but I didn't come up with a specific idea. The problem seems simple but it is not because I use two compose modifiers and the pots are located at its ends, I am not able to compensate one side. The most important thing is that the compose structure is as it is impossible to move them and delete them because this is the main structure of these segments.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2022, 11:39:29 AM by Joker1979 »

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
Re: Padding problem with compose modfier, Array 2S generator
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2022, 12:47:17 PM »
Hi,

You'll need two different padding values to compensate for the different needs of the segments. You can't really adjust padding before a Compose operator in Group mode because these don't organise segments adjacent to one another but instead just use the pivot (so padding has no effect). Therefore you'll need to add padding after the final Compose node. You can alternate between different padding values using two Transform nodes and a Sequence operator with Count values that match the one used earlier in the graph.

A sample file is attached.

I hope that helps,

Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

Joker1979

Re: Padding problem with compose modfier, Array 2S generator
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2022, 02:25:25 PM »
Thank you for your quick answer, now I know that I can do almost everything :) Have a nice weekend :)