Itoo Software Forum

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Hi,

I've upgraded to FP 8.06 and 3DS Max 2023 (which includes the latest version of Max to Arnold) and I'm still getting the following error message: "Forest Pack is compiles for arnold 7.1.1, and is not compatible with the current renderer."

It advises me to upgrade both pieces of software.  Which, in my case, is not even possible since I'm using the latest versions.

Any help would be appreciated.
RailClone Pro (*) / Re: Overlapping Offset Rows
« Last post by JM2145 on Today at 05:13:10 PM »
That sort of worked.  I had to tweak it, for some reason adjusting the padding of the segment seemed to break it above -250mm, so I simply added another Transform between your Transform and the Sequence operators and it works now.  I have no idea why it works, i,e, I don't understand what I've just done or what you've done.  But it works :)
RailClone Pro (*) / Re: Corner issue
« Last post by full-blood on Today at 04:42:54 PM »
I've an other question. I search on the forum for a solution to use VRayDisplacementMod. I understand that it's still not working ?
In my case it's working everywhere excepted on the corner. Probably because the corner is divided in 2 elements. Is there any way to have a corner with one element ? Without an edit poly modifier + weld ?
Forest Pro (*) / Re: Forest Item Sorting Random
« Last post by CM1251 on Today at 04:36:39 PM »
Hi Carlos,

In regards to your first comment, even if I click each item I import in alphabetical order and load several items at once, it still loads in the list randomized. And sometimes with 20 items but no way to widen the list viewer, its hard to actually see which items I'm moving in the list. Perhaps if there was a way to drag to widen the item list or have a window that could open for easier rearranging/colour coding?

For the second, this is exactly how I've come to expect it from every version before 7. But I think I'm facing a bug where if I have a new item (blank) selected and I go into the library browser, pick the item I want, ForestPack sometimes defaults to the second item in the list (not the original blank object I made) and replaces that on import. I hope that makes better sense. I've been using this since 2012 and its only with the latest version(s) I've been having problems.

Regards,
Tanner
« Last post by Paul Roberts on Today at 03:49:11 PM »
Hi,

Please take a look at the attached file for a possible solution. As you've pointed out, the Hexagonal Tiling Macro depends on the geometry being modelled to certain proportions to work correctly.

In the attached file, you should be able to swap in your own geometry and adjust the top padding in the Segment node to get the correct overlap. You may also want to adjust the Y rotation value.

Let me know if you have any further questions,

Paul
« Last post by JM2145 on Today at 02:14:51 PM »
Actually problem not solved, the bottom padding only seems to be affecting every other row
« Last post by JM2145 on Today at 02:07:52 PM »
Thanks this is almost perfect, but because the segments aren't perfect hexagons, the global padding setting in the macro doesn't give enough control.

As you can see in the screenshot, I need to reduce the padding in just the vertical axis to close up this gap as shown in the sample arrangement below.

EDIT: You can delete this, I completely glossed over your bit about the additional transform.  problem solved

Thank You,

I will try it out. I am sure it will be OK. I just missed an update. My bad.

Best regards,
Mike
RailClone Pro (*) / Re: SME - really slow problem lag make me crasy
« Last post by Paul Roberts on Today at 09:58:20 AM »
Sorry for the slow reply,

Please feel free to send an email to helpdesk@itoosoft.com so that we can take a closer look.

Kindest regards,

Paul
RailClone Pro (*) / Re: SME - really slow problem lag make me crasy
« Last post by IE6260 on December 07, 2022, 09:22:53 PM »
pas de news ?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10