Itoo Software Forum

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
I've been using this fairly consistently to distribute on railclone objects for a couple of years.  It always required setting the railclone object to Mesh.  I was basically following the guidance here: https://forum.itoosoft.com/railclone-pro-(*)/using-a-railclone-object-surface-for-forestpack/.
Forest Pro (*) / Re: Use of material optimizer
« Last post by Rokas on June 14, 2021, 10:27:43 AM »
Hi.

If you want to apply Optimizations on multiple forest objects then You can do the following:

1. Select 1st forstpack object,
2. Pin Selection object
3. Select all forest Pack objects
4. Press Optimize Materials
5. Chose settings and press "Optimize"

We will edit optimizer a bit, so progress bar resets if You do optimization again. Now it does not reset progress bar if You press Optimize more than once one the same object.

Hope this helps.
RailClone Pro (*) / Re: Cars on parking rotate 180
« Last post by Dragan on June 14, 2021, 10:02:29 AM »
 ;) Glad to help!  ;)
Keep up the good work!  ;D
Forest Pro (*) / Use of material optimizer
« Last post by 3d-labor on June 14, 2021, 09:34:04 AM »
I want to become clear of the use of the material optimizer. As I understand it, material optimizer is only applied to the one selected forest object when working in the modyfy panel. If I want to optimize all materials for all all forest objects I have to select all forest objects for example with the "select by name" tool and then open the "Forest tools" and apply the optimizer here. Is this the right way? I would make a suggestion: after optimizing a blue progress bar is shown at the bottom. If the bar is full I think the optimizer has done it´s work. But in some cases i cant close the window suddenly. It sometimes take some seconds more, so that I think the optimizer wasn´t ready yet. Could you please add a "Close" button to this window which is greyed out as long optimizer isn´t ready? Or should it be ready if the blue bar is full and there are other problems with my installation?
« Last post by Crayox on June 14, 2021, 09:12:52 AM »
Now that I wanted to do this in a clean scene, it was not necesary to move the cars on the x axes for some reason. I guess there was something weird in that original scene...with the generator line or something.
« Last post by Crayox on June 14, 2021, 08:38:13 AM »
Found a pattern :))) where it used rotated cars it was followed by that many empty spaces (and I still haven't used empty spaces here) so figured those cars were actually moved to the next space too. So now I used x translation in the rotating transform too and now all cars are where they should be as well as randomly rotated! :)
Thanks for your help!
« Last post by Crayox on June 14, 2021, 08:27:25 AM »
Oh sorry, missed your file. Yes, that works, but that's if the generator line goes in the middle of the parking lot. This is less practical if I use snap to generate lines for parking areas. Since my pivots are at the end of cars I have to rotate them and then move them back to parking lot. So would really like to know why this doesn't work. I mean one transform does this and then the car should be inserted. Will check the evenly options some more. I guess the fact that one pivot is at the end and the other at the beginning of the parking space makes evenly think it's empty.
« Last post by Dragan on June 14, 2021, 08:09:52 AM »
Please can you share Your scene or download and try the Max file (MyParkingCars_B.max) from my previous post.
« Last post by Crayox on June 14, 2021, 08:03:10 AM »
Oh - changing random generator to segment helped fix that but actually that transform is the one to rotate the cars. I changed the degrees to 90 to see it more clearly.

So now the random selector works but as you see where I have the rotated version it also puts the normal one. I don't understand this. Shouldn't the selector literally select one? Why it inserts the other too?
« Last post by Dragan on June 13, 2021, 10:20:28 AM »
Well, you probably have some leftovers from the previous testing in the Segment node transform (orange) as well as in the transform node.
Try to `clean` those and set Random node to Generate on Segment.
Also, check this part of the help documentation about transforms:
https://docs.itoosoft.com/railclone/migrating-to-4-x#Migratingto4.x-ChainedTransformOperators
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10