Itoo Software Forum

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
RailClone Pro (*) / Re: Place Y Evenly a set distance form the top of an 2S Array
« Last post by RC2292 on May 17, 2022, 08:10:49 PM »
Actually I think I can achieve what I want using YSectionLength and transforming the YEvenly Segment's position on Y instead.

Apologies if I didn't explain my task very clearly.

Thanks again
RailClone Pro (*) / Re: Place Y Evenly a set distance form the top of an 2S Array
« Last post by RC2292 on May 17, 2022, 07:33:34 PM »
Thanks for the prompt in-depth reply Paul.
I'm not getting the results I want when the input is 20cm or more.

Dumb question but, is YSectionLength also only processed once?

Thanks again
RailClone Pro Beta / Re: V5.2.1b Crashes in 3dsmax 2023
« Last post by JK3990 on May 17, 2022, 06:33:18 PM »
Hi Carlos,

I was able to reproduce the crash with a new RC object.  It seems related to animated parameters.  Here's what I did:

• create new box, line, RC object
  • Create Linear 1S generator, hook up spline, box segment to default
  • Add a numeric parameter.  In my test, I created a Material node and hooked up an integer to the "to" and "from" parameters
  • Add keyframes to the parameter.  I had it as 0 on frame one, then 1 on frame 2
  • Lastly, open style editor.  For me, it then crashes

Test scene attached, right before animating the parameter.
Hi,

Most of a generator's properties can't be evaluated on a per-spline basis since internally they are processed just once before the geometry is built. There is however a workaround that circumvents this if you don't mind nesting generators.

Please take a look at the attached. It uses two A2S generators, one nested inside the other. The nested generator gets its height, width and evenly distance by accessing the main generator's properties using dot syntax, for example, assuming the end generator is called MainArray you could access its Y size using return MainArray.YSplineLength;

I hope that helps,
Paul
Forest Pro (*) / Re: Maxscript delete area/surface list
« Last post by Paul Roberts on May 17, 2022, 04:07:03 PM »
Hi! You'll only see that if you add a surface to the Surfaces list. This script deletes the surfaces too.

Paul
« Last post by full-blood on May 17, 2022, 04:03:25 PM »
Thank you for your help ! It delete all it's good, but after I don't have the default Surface Area
Hello. I was wondering if you could tell me. It takes a very long time to start the renderer (V-ray). After pressing the render button, it takes about 5 minutes until the light cache is considered. In the status window all this time running "loading bitmaps" . And this is on different scenes and projects. If you remove all the objects Forest Paсk (do not disable, namely remove all Forest in the scene), then starts almost immediately. If you remove foreground packs gradually - the time of loading bitmaps - decreases. And this on two different work computers. I reinstalled the system and all the software. This did not help. Tried several versions of v-ray 5 and several versions of forest pack 7.1.2, 7.3.0 and now 7.4.0. Same result. What can it be? Thank you.
« Last post by Paul Roberts on May 17, 2022, 02:55:53 PM »
Hi,

Please try the attached script. It removes all areas and surfaces and there are options to remove them from just the selected FP object or all of the FP objects in a scene.

I hope that helps,
Paul
RailClone Pro (*) / Place Y Evenly a set distance form the top of an 2S Array
« Last post by RC2292 on May 17, 2022, 02:55:19 PM »
Hi All,

I'm trying and failing to place the Y Evenly of a 2S Array a certain distance form the top (Input1) using this formula:

Return
YSectionLength-Input1;

Any Ideas on how I can achieve this?

Thanks in advance

RailClone Pro (*) / Re: Adeka Cladding
« Last post by LC3D on May 17, 2022, 01:46:50 AM »
Sure - no problem at all.

The style works using two segments: one full-size tile and one half-size tile. To create the offset on alternate rows, I've used a Sequence operator that increments on Y to alternate between the full and half size tile in the start and end inputs. To flip the tiles for the right hand side, I've wired it through a Mirror operator for the End input.

Between these I fill in by adding the full-size tile to the Default input. To make sure no tiles are sliced, I've enabled Generator > Rules > Default Mode > Adaptive.

Then all that remains is to close up the gap between the rows. We can do that by using a negative top padding value. To save me from entering the value twice - once for each segment - I've exported the Top Padding input and wired it to a Constant node. That way I can change the value for both Segments from one place.

That's about it. I also increased the Generator > Clipping Area > Expand value a bit to remove any gaps around the perimeter.

I hope that helps.

Paul

That's fantastic, thank you so much!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10