Itoo Software Forum

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
RailClone Pro (*) / Re: Z Size Value is random
« Last post by elfin on Today at 12:47:16 AM »
Sync between generators fixed the problem.
RailClone Pro (*) / Z Size Value is random
« Last post by elfin on July 15, 2024, 11:21:07 PM »
Hi,
I'm creating a simple city railclone, all the walls are made of one plane segment, which gets randomized in height for buildings variability.
I tried Randomize node, exported its Z Size and used it for Array 2S Y Size.
It works quite well, walls heights match the Y Size of the Generator for every building. Variations
But that same value Z Size value doesn't work when I apply it to generate rooftops.
Please let me know if there is any solution.
Thanks!
Forest Pro (*) / Re: Pressed Grass
« Last post by leejk on July 15, 2024, 07:47:37 PM »
That was it! Thank you sir!
Forest Pro (*) / Re: Feature Request: Proxy Viewport Size
« Last post by leejk on July 15, 2024, 07:42:59 PM »
OK sorry, it is correct. I think I must have been using the wrong scale setting.
Forest Pro (*) / Default library assets lose paths when network rendering
« Last post by inkvisual on July 15, 2024, 06:27:45 PM »
Hi!

We are having an issue with the maps on forest pack presets becoming lost on nodes while network rendering with Pulze RM.
I determined this is due to the asset's paths being reliant on project paths that are present when a scene is created on machine A but can be missing when rendered on machine B.
The reason being that in our studio we have different artists working on different projects at once. So machine B using the MXP path config file of project Y may take a render job created by machine A using the MXP of project X and have missing files as a result.

I've searched the forums here for solutions and tried out the registry tweaks suggested here:
https://forum.itoosoft.com/forest-pro-(*)/configure-network-map-locations-for-reg-edit/msg30273/#msg30273

This is kind of ok, but still means that the paths being present for any given render node is dependent on a forest object having been created in whatever project that node happens to be in before
it takes a job on Pulze RM.

Our nodes are used as workstations during the day and take render jobs overnight. So the solution can't disrupt day to day work e.g. copying ini files as suggested here: https://forum.itoosoft.com/forest-pro-(*)/custom-paths/msg36997/#msg36997

The advice I found that I liked best was to resolve all references to absolute UNC paths: https://forum.itoosoft.com/forest-pro-(*)/install-library-on-network-storage/msg32297/#msg32297
However, this is a manual step that an artist would have to remember to take before sending their job to Pulze. We'd like to avoid such manual steps if possible.

So is there a way to get Forest Pack to automatically use the UNC path of the assets imported from the default Forest library rather than use the project paths?
Failing that, I'd be looking for a way to get Pulze RM to specify an MXP to use with each job, but that's for another forum!

Many Thanks,
Jack
RailClone Pro (*) / Roof Tiles Method
« Last post by HU0164 on July 15, 2024, 05:50:31 PM »
Hi,
do you think that one day creating tiles with RailClone will be as easy as with AvizStudio's ATiles? In other words, by selecting directly the roof planes.
I get 3D files from architects of several dozen houses for housing estates, and I have to admit that the RailClone process is unusable in this case.

I hope you'll give this some real thought.

But maybe there's another way.
Thanks for your reply and the peek at what's coming. Those new duct/pipe updates look great and for me would be put to immediate use! I'll be looking forward to when they get rolled out.
Thank you for your feedback about RailClone's built in libraries. We appreciate the time you've taken to voice your concerns.

I understand your frustration with progress of the libraries. Although we did release 160 new or updated styles last year, we experienced some bottlenecks that unfortunately slowed down further  releases. And although we continue to work on updating assets behind the scenes, they have yet to be made available (several of the libraries you mention are indeed among those that have been improved, below for example are some of the new ducting styles).

However, I want to assure you that this has nothing to do with the rebranding efforts. Our priority has always been, and will continue to be, improving the software for our users.

To that end, we've recently reorganised internally to ensure library updates are prioritised and dealt with more effectively and steps are already in place to remedy these issues in the near future. I know this  sounds like more promises, but please be assured that we understand the importance of RC libraries for our users, and we always do our best to respond to what you tell us are the most important features to improve your work. In fact, any suggestions as to the types of assets you'd like to see included in addition to improving the current collections is always most welcome

Kindest regards,
Paul
Forest Pro (*) / Re: Pressed Grass
« Last post by Paul Roberts on July 15, 2024, 10:57:52 AM »
Hi,

Thanks for the question, you can use the Scale By Spline Forest Effect for that purpose. There's a little bit of information and a demo about it in this livestream (at minute 42).

I hope that helps,

Paul
Forest Pro (*) / Pressed Grass
« Last post by leejk on July 14, 2024, 03:59:31 AM »
Hi,

Is it possible to make a depressed area in a grass distribution so that it appears as if a vehicle just drove across it? Maybe I'm wrong, but thought I saw this in a monthly video before but can't seem to find it now or I imagined it. :)

thx
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10