Itoo Software Forum

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
RailClone Pro (*) / quick basic railing question
« Last post by pixelplume on October 25, 2024, 05:41:53 PM »
I have a basic railing made. If i copy a spline and then reverse the spline, the geometry breaks apart.

Forest Pro (*) / Re: Two diferent material in scene
« Last post by RealViz on October 25, 2024, 02:07:26 PM »
Okay, so I'll make a script that removes materials from the scene and run it through the entire library. I just wanted to avoid that, it'll take a while and it means overwriting all the max files.
RailClone Lite / Re: I going crazy with my roof problem
« Last post by Michal Karmazín on October 25, 2024, 01:34:34 PM »
That should work fine. Please feel free to upload your scene again. Have you tried drawing these lines in the Front or Left viewport? Also, does applying the previously mentioned 'Reset XForm - Reset Selected' operation make any difference?

Best regards,
Forest Pro (*) / Re: Two diferent material in scene
« Last post by Michal Karmazín on October 25, 2024, 01:25:08 PM »
Hi,

You can, for example, use the Materials option in the Utilities > UVW Remove tool.

A recommended approach for handling libraries is to store models in .max files without any materials (as we do in our libraries) and then assign the correct material during the import process. This method helps prevent any potential material mismatches.

I hope that helps.

Best regards,
RailClone Pro (*) / Re: Missing RC .............. in context menu
« Last post by Michal Karmazín on October 25, 2024, 01:01:29 PM »
In such a case, please try manually executing the railclone_utils.ms located under C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\ApplicationPlugins\RailClonePro202x\Contents\scripts\startup by using Scripting > Run Script... to see if that helps.

As mentioned earlier, we appreciate any additional details you can share with us or the user community regarding this issue, especially in case others encounter similar problems.

Best regards,
Forest Pro (*) / Re: Forest Edge not working
« Last post by asrol118 on October 25, 2024, 12:42:47 PM »
Hi,

I was having trouble with the Forest Edge feature in Forest Pack 9 while using Corona Renderer. It turned out the issue was specific to Interactive Rendering (IR). Switching to the Production renderer solved the problem—everything worked as expected.

It seems IR has some limitations with this feature. Hope this helps anyone facing a similar issue!

Best regards,
Forest Pro (*) / Re: Forest Edge not working
« Last post by Michal Karmazín on October 25, 2024, 08:31:12 AM »
Hi,

Which renderer are you using? I just tested the Edge Boundary Checking feature with the latest ForestPack 9, and it seems to work correctly. Could it be that you were using Interactive Rendering (IR)? If so, please try using the Production renderer instead - this should resolve the issue. Unfortunately, IPR/IR mode has several limitations, and fixing issues in Interactive Rendering can be challenging, as 3ds Max wasn’t originally designed for it. A variety of workarounds are used from both the renderer and our side to make it functional.

Thanks in advance for any additional comments you can share with us or the user community, in case others encounter similar issues.

Best regards,
Forest Pro (*) / Re: Cliff/Rock Placement (based on ground geo)
« Last post by RealViz on October 25, 2024, 08:05:12 AM »
I also thought of using the DataChanel mod. This would make everything more automated again.
Forest Pro (*) / Re: Cliff/Rock Placement (based on ground geo)
« Last post by Tobias Jansson on October 25, 2024, 07:57:13 AM »
Now this might be o long shot but I think I did something like this some time ago using the Pits & Peaks script over at scriptspot.com. If I remember correctly it works on vertex colors and might save you from having to do a lot of painting.
/Tobias
Forest Pro (*) / Forest Edge not working
« Last post by asrol118 on October 25, 2024, 03:26:47 AM »
Forest Edge not working on Forest Pack 9 version. All good on Forest Pack 8.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10