Itoo Software Forum

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
For example, at frame #500 I have 10000 corals. Every coral has its own color tint that I calculate in the shader during render-time.
I save the scene, close 3ds max, open scene and re-render frame #500. I see that colors are changed!
This is because that at the first attempt, some instance at <0.1, 0.2, 0.1> was placed at the slot #123, but next time this same instance was placed at slot #567
So its name changed from "WhiteCoral[123]" to "WhiteCoral[567]".
See attached picture - every time I render the shot, I get different colors for corals.

Solution is to make 100+ copies of the same model, assign 100+ different materials and spread all these models in the FP.
The better way is to modify shading in the shader using ID of the instance.
RailClone Pro (*) / Re: railclone to Instance geo ?
« Last post by Paul Roberts on July 26, 2024, 04:48:05 PM »
You're very welcome - happy to help out  :)
« Last post by SGAndrew on July 26, 2024, 04:47:04 PM »
It worked, I unticked the bend and slice and now it's ace!
THank you so much :D
« Last post by Paul Roberts on July 26, 2024, 04:43:37 PM »
This is likely because the chairs are being deformed to follow the spline and so are no longer instances. To Fix this, please turn off Bend and Slice in the Segment Node's settings. That should fix it.

Cheers,

Paul
« Last post by SGAndrew on July 26, 2024, 04:39:42 PM »
It worked for only some models,(see attached) the ones that I scaled up are instances the other are individual non instance editable meshes.
And these were the settings I used.
Hello Mikhail,

What is the reason to keep same order of instances between frames ?

I'm afraid there is no way to get that. Because when Forest object is rebuilt, we cannot guarantee that number of instances will be the same.
Items would be hidden because camera clipping or other many parameters. Basically scattering process rebuild everything from scratch on each frame.

I must say this is an unsual request. At least it was not required by other renderers.
If you want to follow this conversation by private, please write us at helpdesk@itoosoft.com.

Thanks,
« Last post by Paul Roberts on July 26, 2024, 03:53:50 PM »
Hi,

for that purpose you can use RailClone Tools. You can read more about it in on docs here: https://docs.itoosoft.com/railclone/railclone-tools

I hope that helps,

Paul
RailClone Pro (*) / railclone to Instance geo ?
« Last post by SGAndrew on July 26, 2024, 03:51:46 PM »
Hello!
I'm making a stadium with accurate seat placements, and I use a seat proxy mesh as a scatter object on splines. later I want to add planes with seat numbers on them and I need to have the railclone scattered geometry to be extracted as separate instance objects.
How do I make each seat as instance after I did the scatter? 

Thank you!
Hello!

I am using IForestGetRenderNodes() to collect all instances before rendering.
Then for every instance I generate unique name and use that name as a seed for material settings (for example, to apply random tint). This generated name can be used for cryptomatte hash also.
So, having a ForestPack object "WhiteCorals", I send to the renderer "WhiteCorals[0]", "WhiteCorals[1]", "WhiteCorals[2]" and so on.

Problem is that IForestGetRenderNodes() returns different random order of instances each time the scene file is reloaded. I have set number of CPU Threads in the ForestPack settings to 1, without any effect.

Unfortunately, TForestInstance structure does not have any global ID of the instance, so no way to sort instances by ID and keep same order of instances between animation frames.

I could sort instances by coordinates, but this sounds like a bad solution - what if distribution surface is animated?

Could you provide a solution to keep the order of instances constant?

<FP 8.2.6>

Mikhail.
Hi,

Please double-check the Absolute Rotation values of the ForestPack object. It might be inherited from the used surface, which is not always desirable. If that's not the case, please feel free to send us  your scene, and we'll check it. Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

I think it's not about the ForestPack object's rotation values. They're okay. But I found out that it somehow involves a surface geometry that wasn't properly reset with Xform before creating a ForestPack on it. Only after resetting the Xform of the surface geometry, the newly created ForestPacks are okay.

In theory, if I align a ForestPack icon back and make it completely straight by the Y coordinate, it will be fine. But I don't remember having such a problem in ForestPack before.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10