Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Markers are wanted more and more  (Read 493 times)

Dragan

Markers are wanted more and more
« on: August 31, 2022, 09:40:46 AM »
Hi,
As I`m creating RC presets for custom Users I use markers a lot and Users started to get used to it and even started to like it.
So now, I`m gettings some requests that I can`t reply to (having trouble explaining I`m not an Itoo employee.  :D)
1. More User Data Fields.
They don`t mind if the list in the rollout will be long preferring having more parameters for full control over each marker`s Segment.
I`m not sure how data are managed under the hood since they are counting from 0 to 8 and seem to be one digit array. It would be great if we can set the number of fields in Base Object==>Custoize RC Spline Modifier.
2. Parameter Types (Percentage, Boolean, Selector)
Since I`m mostly using Markers to override the General Roollout Parameters, not having the same type can lead to confusion and difficulties to find the same parameter. (eg. Boolean/Selector from General parameters needs to be used as Integer in MarkerData field).

Regards

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
Re: Markers are wanted more and more
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2022, 01:13:39 PM »
Hi,
I'm afraid it's not possible to include a variable number of User Data Fields.
These are stored in the Max parameter block, which allows only one array level. Since a RCSpline modifier may include a variable list of markers, we should nested arrays.
Currently each User Data field is defined as a separated parameter ('mkuserdata0' to 'mkuserdata8').

We'll try to include more User Data fields and more types (i guess it was in the wishlist), but no promises. There are already many suggestions for next major update.

Carlos Quintero
iToo Software