Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Rotation Array  (Read 697 times)

Margarita Varla

Rotation Array
« on: January 26, 2021, 12:42:37 PM »
Hello Everyone.!
I have a question regarding rotating an object incrementally (like with array) on a spline.

I have seen the tutorial with the christmas tree but I dont seem to be able to make it work. I know it is smth SUPER simple...!

I want to have copies of a box, rotating for example 5 degrees, starting from 0 and finishing in 360, in one spline lenght 850cm.
I have tried with Stepped Rotation macro, but it doesnt give me a smooth transition by putting first box 5, next 10, next 15....etc. It does a fast transition , like for 80cm, and then starts again, and appears almost random.
I want to make this smoothly from 0 cm to 850cm.

I want to achieve the same result as the built in Array in Max. (see attachment 'array')

I've attached 2 images as a reference. 'problem' and 'settings' (I tried different values for Step and min,max. but still nothing)

Thank you very much!

Dragan

Re: Rotation Array
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2021, 01:24:42 PM »
Hi
Stepped rotation macro will not make incremental values but random.
If you set 360 deg with step 90 returned values could be 90, 180, 0 , 90, 360, 0, 90... etc.

For Y rotation you should use arithmetic attribute SegmentXCounter, which will increase the counter for every next segment in the array and that value multiply by the Step value.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2021, 01:48:19 PM by Dragan »

Rokas

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2021, 02:40:42 PM »
Hi and welcome to the iToo forum.
As Dragan noted, that macro is for random rotations.

I have created a custom macro for You it will make specified rotation along full spline length:

Hope this helps.

We acknowledge that RC comes with a much steeper learning curve than Forest Pack. In an effort to help users get acquainted with RailClone, we have an ongoing series of tutorials you may find helpful, and detailed documentation.
I would recommend you to check our RailClone "Getting Started with RailClone" followed by our "Next Steps with RailClone" guides too.

Feel free to visit our forums and see questions and examples posted here.
And last but not least if You have trouble creating styles- please attach Your starting file(save with the lowest max version You so more people can open Your file and offer their suggestions), reference what You are building and we will try to help You.

Regards
Rokas

Margarita Varla

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2021, 03:18:41 PM »
Thank you very much both!!! I will give it a go with both ways!!  :D :D