Itoo Software Forum

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
RailClone Pro (*) / Re: Confused by Macros
« Last post by Paul Roberts on Today at 04:56:05 PM »
Hi Rio,

Your screenshot looks like you're on the right track to me. You can use either Marker IDs for this or Marker data.

please take a look at the attached for a sample.

Paul
RailClone Pro (*) / Confused by Macros
« Last post by Rio on Today at 04:46:28 PM »
Can anyone tell me which macro I should be looking at to switch values based on marker user data channel value?

Basically I want to use data channel 0 of a RCSpline modifier on the base object to switch between two scene unit value

Data channel value:0 = scene value of 2000mm
Data channel value:1 = scene value of 3000mm

Sorry was on vacation.
Need to check if that helps. will tell you latest next week!
RailClone Pro (*) / Re: Corners None -> Reset
« Last post by Dragan on August 09, 2022, 11:12:34 AM »
You are just proving my point.

Although, this could be a nice Macro for build in Library as this is not a common workflow Making empty spaces and filling them up with another generator is not a common workflow for inexperienced users.
« Last post by Paul Roberts on August 09, 2022, 10:56:59 AM »
I'll have to take your word for it, I made it up as I went along  :)
« Last post by Dragan on August 09, 2022, 10:54:02 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
my son just said, Thales's theorem

We got the same results.
Thank you anyway. You are still No.1!!
« Last post by Paul Roberts on August 09, 2022, 10:34:25 AM »
Here you go! Hopefully this does what you need.

In Bevel Corner mode, RailClone always tries to maintain the X size of the segment on the outside of the corner. Therefore we need to rescale the segment to ensure that the size in the centre of the corner segment is equal to half the width of the geometry.The lengths and angles shown green below are available to us so we just need to use a bit of trig to find the size in red. Add the X size and this new value together and we can use it to ensure that the bevelled version matches the size of the unbevelled version.

Hope it helps!
Paul
RailClone Pro (*) / Re: Max 2023 + Vray 6+ RC
« Last post by iToo on August 09, 2022, 10:18:23 AM »
Please,  try this:

- Open your scene locally.
- Open Rendering->"Scene Converter".
- Select in "Current Preset": "RemoveInvalidLegacyElements"
- Click "Convert Scene" and save.
- Submit it to Deadline.

It seems problem is caused by an old Mental Ray material plugin, which was added automatically to scenes by previous Max versions.
It was removed from Max when Mental Ray was deprecated, but old scenes and materials may include it yet. In this case, it was added to the scene by the materials used by FP and RC presets.

For some reason, scene loads fine in Max 2023 locally, but Deadline detects the issue and triggers an error. I could find it in the render node logs:

Code: [Select]
2022-08-09 10:06:10:  2022/08/09 10:06:06 WRN: [19832] [22748] Missing dll: mrMaterialAttribs.gup - mental ray: material custom attribute
I could reproduce the problem in a scene without FP and RC (collapsing them to a mesh).

I would suggest you report this issue to the Deadline support. Probably they can fix it.
RailClone Pro (*) / Re: Max 2023 + Vray 6+ RC
« Last post by IL1396 on August 09, 2022, 04:05:44 AM »
So something still isn't right. Created a test scene on my machine with teapots and Vray6. Renders fine locally. Submitted to Deadline and renders fine. Add FP and or RC to scene. Render locally inside 3ds Max renders fine. If I submit to deadline and have the render farm try and load the scene to render and fails to "load file". I even submitted from my machine and turned my machine on to render via deadline. Scene fails to load even though it renders fine directly inside of 3ds Max 2023 on my machine. I have updated all of our plugins to the latest versions of Vray, RC, FP and Deadline that is currently out.

Thanks,
Austin Reed
« Last post by Dragan on August 08, 2022, 04:56:15 PM »
 :o :o :o (no face palm emoji to use)

I need to squeeze in the Green Ones in place of the Red ones.

Why I`m regressing the adaptive corners workflow?
I need to create a Macro for railings but for a specific workflow:
- Evenly+SubEvenly division separated on straight and curved subplines
- Having the option to do some sort of Facet/Scale mode on Curved subsplines without editing the Base spline.
- Evenly+SubEvenly are not based on Base Spline because it needs to be "real" evenly so I have to calculate everything using XSectionAdjustedLenght. (easy task now)

The main issue is on generating the top handrail (separate L1S). Since I have to match default size/subdivision/corners to the Generator that is based on the NONE rule for corners.
Since all calculations relais on XSectionAdjustedLenght now I have to adapt BevelMode ->Reset|Symmetric to match the corner size of the NONE rule.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10