Itoo Software Forum

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10
Forest Pro (*) / Re: Distribution along Path - Select models per spline
« Last post by blanker on July 27, 2021, 10:12:42 AM »
Thank you Paul for investigating it. Really appreciate it!

RailClone can be a good solution for that if we need to scatter one plant.
Probably the limitation (or complication) of this method would be when we need to scatter more plants (3-4-5 or more) since as far as I know RailClone behaves differently with materials and there should single Multi/Sub material applied to the whole RailClone object in contrary to Forest Pack which picks individual materials for each model/geometry. So if we'll use more plants we'll need to combine their materials into one massive Multi/Sub material and reassign all Material IDs for the geometry elements to make sure that materials won't get mixed up. And if we'll need to add extra plants later one it'll turn into massive headache.

So the second solution would work better for that where RailClone will be used as a marker to distribute Forest Pack objects.

Probably it's still would be nice to have this simple setting within ForestPack to randomize distance between instances along the spline to avoid these more complicated work arounds. Is it possible to implement it from the technical point of view?
I remember that MultiScatter had this option back in the days (haven't used it for ages now)

Thanks
Hi Vicenzo,

Without seeing your scene it's not easy to see exactly what the problem might be, but here are a couple of things that might help.

• Point Cloud density can be reduced from the Display rollout, but for even better performance you can try Proxy display mode instead of point cloud - it can often be faster for dense meshes and large numbers of scattered items.
  • If you are using Camera Clipping and you have animated cameras, viewports are often actually more responsive if it's disabled in the viewport. In Forest Pack 7 you'll find an option for this at the bottom of the Camera rollout.
  • Reduce the number of items previewed in the viewports. You can change this using the Display > Viewport > Max Items parameter.  Note that this will not affect the render, only the viewport preview.
You are free to send it to helpdesk@itoosoft.com and we'd be happy to take a more detailed look.

Paul
Hi,
I'm working on a 3dsmax scene with a lot of Forest objects. Orbit in the viewport is very very slow.
If I turn off Forest objects, the system work fine.
My hardware configuration is I9 10920X, RAM 112 GB, GEFOCE RTX 3060 12 GB.
Can you help me to solve the problem?
Thanks

Vincenzo
RailClone Pro (*) / Re: any fix on this?
« Last post by manel_reig on July 26, 2021, 01:21:13 PM »
thank you Paul, will give it atry and see if it works better and can handle closed splines...
RailClone Pro (*) / Re: instantiate error
« Last post by Paul Roberts on July 26, 2021, 12:27:01 PM »
Hi,

I believe this will happen if the geometry has been deformed. If you disable Bend and Slice you should get the results you expect.

I hope that helps,
Paul
RailClone Pro (*) / instantiate error
« Last post by PT3295_fer on July 26, 2021, 11:59:52 AM »
Hello.

I have a problem with Railclone.  When I try to instatiate a model to convert to poly, the pivots don´t follow the local original model.  I need to do this because my customer needs all converted in poly.
   How can i resolve this?

thanks!
RailClone Pro (*) / Re: Copy to Macro >>> RC 5 new features requests
« Last post by Paul Roberts on July 26, 2021, 10:08:00 AM »
Thanks again for the suggestion. We agree with you on this one. Added to the to do list!

Cheers,
Paul
RailClone Pro (*) / Copy to Macro >>> RC 5 new features requests
« Last post by Dragan on July 26, 2021, 09:34:59 AM »
My mandatory workflow is "go with Macros always, you never know how Style will grow".
However, sometimes I need to copy/paste some staff to new Macro and there is a known limit about Segments>Input nodes.
I do an easy workaround adding a NULL (segment named) transform operator right after Segment so I have a place to connect Macros Inputs but it will be nice if we could just copy/paste it.
tnx
RailClone Pro (*) / Re: any fix on this?
« Last post by Paul Roberts on July 26, 2021, 09:26:34 AM »
Hi,

There's now a macro in Logic > Array Attributes > Segment Y Role that can be used to target the top and bottom of the X Corner column.

It's pretty straightforward to use, but if you want more information then we recently released this tutorial which demonstrates the macro in use. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UX6q_W43Jq8&t=800s

I hope that helps,
Paul
RailClone Pro (*) / Re: Embedded segments in Macros >>> RC 5 new features requests
« Last post by iToo on July 26, 2021, 09:01:58 AM »
I will see what can be done. Added to the wishlist.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10