Itoo Software Forum

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Forest Pro (*) / Re: Problem when merging a file from xrefs
« Last post by Michal Karmazín on March 21, 2024, 08:46:01 AM »
Hi,

Enabling the Respect System Units in Files option in the System Unit Setup window & marking the Rescale the XRef Objects to the System Unit Scale checkbox during the Create XRef Record from File process should do the job (when using any geometry from a scene with a different Scene Unit Setup, it will rescale the geometry accordingly). I hope that helps.

Best regards,
Forest Pro (*) / Re: Crash with Vray IPR while editing with override mtl
« Last post by Michal Karmazín on March 21, 2024, 08:33:51 AM »
Hi,

Unfortunately, we can't proceed with the debug process as there aren't all 3ds max 2024 Updates applied. Please proceed with the installation of all available Updates and if the issue persists, would you mind sending us the new minidump file of the crash? Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Forest Pro (*) / Material Optimization
« Last post by Bobby Parker on March 21, 2024, 01:31:24 AM »
What exactly does it do, and is it worth the time?  Visually and speed-wise, I don't see any difference with or without optimization.
Forest Pro (*) / Re: Problem when merging a file from xrefs
« Last post by CharlyRT on March 21, 2024, 12:11:18 AM »
When you merge a object as xref this is included as XrefScene, when selecting with ForestPack it includes the Dummy instead the geometry
have you tried to use xref object instead?
Forest Pro (*) / Problem when merging a file from xrefs
« Last post by QD6218 on March 20, 2024, 06:48:15 PM »
Hello I'm having a trouble when I merge a file from the xref window, all the scales of my forest pack assets come with the wrong scale
Forest Pro (*) / Crash with Vray IPR while editing with override mtl
« Last post by CharlyRT on March 20, 2024, 04:39:02 PM »
Hi there
I notice some errors while editing objects in override mtl mode in Vray IPR
I had 2 different dump errors
1 - "vray2sidedmtl"
2 - so I change vray2sided to use single vraymaterial with thin walled and the error was caused by "core"

This is only happening with override material option in the oficial and latest stable Nightly build (2024/03/20) on Max 2024

I attach the minidump of 2 cases in nightly version, cannot attach more files
Forest Pro (*) / Re: Painting one object per click
« Last post by EH2026 on March 20, 2024, 03:14:23 PM »
Brill, you're a star, thanks, worked perfectly.

Jason
Forest Pro (*) / Re: Painting one object per click
« Last post by Michal Karmazín on March 20, 2024, 11:37:58 AM »
Hi Jason,

For these purposes, there's the Add button under the Items Editor rollout, which creates individual items by clicking in the scene. To use it, you must be at the Trees sub-object level - to access the sub-object level, you can use the Modify Stack Display on the Modify panel, or by clicking the "tree icon".

I hope that helps.

Best regards,
Forest Pro (*) / Painting one object per click
« Last post by EH2026 on March 20, 2024, 11:31:10 AM »
Hi guys,

Do you know of a simple way whereby you can paint one object per click ?

I simply want to paint one flower at a time whever I click, I want to do this under FP and not using 3dmsax's paint tool.

Many thanks,

Jason
Third party products / Re: Xfrog re-installation problem
« Last post by NG1558 on March 19, 2024, 11:04:57 PM »
This did work, thank you! After importing the reg keys, I was able to install the library. After installation, I changed the 'installed' key back to what it was. All good now :-)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10