Itoo Software Forum

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Forest Pro (*) / Merging FP Items Never Goes as Planned
« Last post by Dustin on Today at 01:30:10 AM »
If I have a corrupt scene, I start over and merge objects into that new scene from an old one. Merging Forest Pack Items never works. It seems to merge everything needed. I even re-attach the spline call outs in "Areas" section to the actual splines. Also reset the "Surface" object. No vegetation shows up. Ialways have to end up creating a whole new FP object.
RailClone Pro (*) / Re: Macro/Sequence
« Last post by Dragan on July 05, 2022, 11:30:23 PM »
New issue. I have tried to isolate it on a smaller scale.

1. Some type of randomization will break my Sequence order which includes spacing by Empty Transform (even if I connect a simple box to it).
I try to use:
Randomize operator = False result,
Randomize via Selector and Expression as Index input (expression has IntegerRND) = False result,
Randomize via Selector and Random Numeric = Good except Generate on Segment.

2. Macro is a simple blind shader with just a bottom padding to lift up and Percentage calculations for defining min/max opening. 
Although I`m pretty sure my Graphs should work I still got some clipped areas without geometry. (I even make sure to have a smaller Y size by subtracting the bottom size from Y Size to make sure the bottom segments always remain).
My min/max workflow has Maximum Evaluation so if Min>Max then Max=Min, so it should return a fixed percentage if only Minimum is entered, but I still find some randomization in size.

Maybe I'm just a little tired since I'm working on this 24/7 and I'm missing something...  :-\ but I will appreciate it if you guys could take a look at this.

Regards
RailClone Pro (*) / Re: Expose Z-value
« Last post by Paul Roberts on July 05, 2022, 06:39:06 PM »
Glad I could  help out  :)
RailClone Pro (*) / I broke RC Proxy mode
« Last post by Dragan on July 05, 2022, 05:06:34 PM »
 ;D
« Last post by arch3d on July 05, 2022, 02:14:44 PM »
Paul,
You just save me at least 2 weeks of my life:)

Thank you
RailClone Pro (*) / Re: Tribune seats
« Last post by Paul Roberts on July 05, 2022, 12:54:42 PM »
It looks as though its related to the surface. On one side it thinks the spline should be projected onto the level above, and on the other below. Probably because the splines were extracted from the step part of the model. You can fix it quite easily by entering a small negative Generator > Y Offset value.

I hope that helps,

Paul
« Last post by Paul Roberts on July 05, 2022, 12:36:48 PM »
This happens because we're setting the thickness below the step based on a measurement that's perpendicular to the spline (shown in red on the diagram below). Although you did request that, the easiest way to fix that stepping issue would be to just measure that dimension vertically (shown in green)

Amended file with that option attached.

Paul
RailClone Pro (*) / Re: Tribune seats
« Last post by EM4616 on July 05, 2022, 12:32:56 PM »
Thanks ,
It looks great ,
But why is the Z-pivot of the seat different in the left stand from the stand opposite it.
The chairs are not in the same Z on the grandstand.
Even in the lowest first row.
Thanks
« Last post by arch3d on July 05, 2022, 12:23:37 PM »
OMG thank you very much!

Now its time to study style to find out what is what:)
I assume its not possible to get rid of this difference? If so, first idea is to exvlude landing via spline ID and manually fix it

Thank you once again
RailClone Pro (*) / A2S Extended - Z offset
« Last post by Dragan on July 05, 2022, 11:43:34 AM »
When A2S works as Extended X/Y on X-XY mode the Y offset and Z offset work in the same direction. I know why is this happening, we discussed it during the betas. Although it is an easy fix to add one Transform Operator, it would be nice to have it fixed.
Regards
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10