Itoo Software Forum

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General - Off Topic / Re: Missing effects in Forest 8 effects library
« Last post by Michal Karmazín on December 02, 2022, 01:41:09 PM »
Well, it has been reorganized in the last update and the “Lean out (Exclude)” effect should give you the same result. Anyway, please the “Bend by exclude area” effect attached. I hope that helps.

Best regards,
Forest Pro (*) / Re: Error on Material override
« Last post by iToo on December 02, 2022, 12:31:06 PM »
ForestQt.dll handles multiple functions (Qt Dialogs, Forest Lister, etc.). ForestQtCatalog.dll only manages the Library Browser.

The problem with these DLLs, is that in older releases were installed in the Max root folder. Now, everything is installed at C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\ApplicationPlugins.
When a new Forest is installed using the setup program, it calls to the uninstaller of the previous version. This uninstaller is responsible to delete old DLLs from the Max folder.
But if these files are copied manually (some customers have custom installations), they may be not deleted by the uninstaller, causing the conflict.

The solution is to force a DLL removal of old files in the installer, not in the uninstaller. This is in our to-do list for next updates.

« Last post by gitano_anton on December 02, 2022, 11:37:09 AM »
Thanks for your answer Michal...
Bend by exclude are doesn´t appear where it´s suppossed to be.
I´ve updated forest with Update Manager yesterday

It seems to be a problem with 8.06 version. In Forest 8.05 the effect is in the list
« Last post by iToo on December 02, 2022, 11:32:45 AM »
If you cannot find it, please run Update Manager to install new Effects package.
These effects were uploaded some days after the Forest 8 release.
« Last post by Michal Karmazín on December 02, 2022, 11:07:09 AM »
Hi,

The "Bend by exclude area" effect you should find under the Transform category (it should be listed as a second effect just after the "Face Downhill" one). I hope that helps.

Best regards,
Forest Pro (*) / Re: Error on Material override
« Last post by RealViz on December 02, 2022, 09:31:45 AM »
What are these libraries responsible for? Isn't some other function at FP going to change?
General - Off Topic / Missing effects in Forest 8 effects library
« Last post by gitano_anton on December 02, 2022, 08:58:14 AM »
Hello.

I´ve seen the video tut about bend rug strands next to exclude splines but I can´t find the "bend by exclude area" in the effects list, as seen in video.

It´s missing in Forest 8?

Thanks...
RailClone Pro (*) / Re: scalloped profiles
« Last post by KD4391 on December 01, 2022, 11:01:51 PM »
ahhh right - that makes sense now thanks so so much
Forest Pro (*) / Forest Item Sorting Random
« Last post by CM1251 on December 01, 2022, 08:33:13 PM »
Hi Forums,

I wanted to inquire if anyone else has an issue where importing many Forest items results in a randomized list under the geometry rollout? I kind of refused to update from v6 because of this issue thinking that it was finally resolved by this latest release, but one thing I truly miss is an automatic A-Z/0-9 sorting of our geometry list.  Does anyone know if this is a me-exclusive problem and I just need to change a setting, or is this something iToo changed since version 7?

Similarly, I have an issue where I'll import say two objects, then I'll add a blank object as a buffer, then go to add another few items to the list. All will be fine, except if I add one item, Forest Pack likes to replace the Name and object of say an already imported item with the new one even though I had a blank item selected. It's hard to explain but it's a royal PITA.

Any insight would be appreciated. Cheers,
Tanner
RailClone Pro (*) / Re: Railclone - Start-End between Vertex numbers
« Last post by Michal Karmazín on December 01, 2022, 03:38:09 PM »
You’re welcome. I’m glad to hear, that it helped. Sure, it can be “exported” (you can find it under Limits > Limit by Mat.ID) -  please feel free to check the “Exporting Parameters” section of our online documentation for more details.

Best regards,
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10