Itoo Software Forum

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Forest Pro (*) / Collapse optmize material to item
« Last post by Max Daiber on August 05, 2021, 07:55:00 PM »
Hi,

Is there a way to collapse the color corrections?

Let me explain. I use the color correction menu to quickly change the tones of leafs, because it really faster when trees have multiple materials. I do this with each species indivudually (1 species = 1 forest).

What I would like to do, is to combine those forest objects into 1 after ajusting all tones.

Thanks
Forest Pro (*) / Re: How to save area values in ForestPackPro Preset (.fpe)
« Last post by UG7911 on August 05, 2021, 07:25:27 PM »
That sounds good
Thank you very much Paul for your help !
Forest Pro (*) / Re: maintain uvw
« Last post by roysgi10 on August 05, 2021, 05:13:21 PM »
great!! thanks
RailClone Pro (*) / Re: Marker on "Extend X/Y Size Area" mode
« Last post by Dragan on August 05, 2021, 04:51:51 PM »
Hi Paul
Thank you for your quick reply. I agree and I can understand the Issue.
But it also crosses my mind:
If many of the Generator's properties are evaluated only once at the start of the build, then If I do some nesting could I can be caught in some unnecessary evaluation/calculation/loops since I`m nesting Generators just to pass some of those "limitations" and that can cost me time.
I noticed some huge time-dependent properties like "Expand percentage" (Of course I can guess why but sometimes I need to rearrange a big part of the Style to avoid those properties to get on speed even though it will be much simpler just to use Expand).
At the moment I have a serious client that has legitimate demand for speed based on his workflow.
However, we already changed some of our workflows to avoid those possible issues but I hope some updates or RC5 will come soon...  ;)

Best Regards
Dragan

P.S.
After reading the post it seems like RC is full of limitations and worth nothing  ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D  ::)   Keep up the good work!!!
RailClone Pro (*) / Re: Marker on "Extend X/Y Size Area" mode
« Last post by Paul Roberts on August 05, 2021, 04:05:08 PM »
Hi Dragan,

Thanks again for the useful suggestions. I will pass them on to our development team. The issue with Marker data now working with Generators is a bigger issue to do with the fact that many of the Generator's properties are evaluated only once at the start of the build. This means they can't be adjusted per sub-spline. It would probably take some deep changes to make it work.

Cheers,
Paul

Forest Pro (*) / Re: maintain uvw
« Last post by Paul Roberts on August 05, 2021, 03:46:58 PM »
Hi,

This happens because the Advanced Wood map is a 3D texture that is centred using an object's position and orientation to calculate the map. This makes sense when it's applied to a single object, but when you apply the map to a Forest Object it takes the entire scatter into consideration as a single object and the coordinates, therefore, don't look correct. Basically you would get the same mapping issue if you collapse Forest Pack to a single mesh.

There are a couple of things you could do to work around this limitation:
1 - Instantiate the Forest object using Forest Tools. This would convert the scatter to standard Max instances that would be compatible with this map
2 - In Forest Pack 7 you could enable Non-Geometric Object for the item in the Geometry rollout. This is a bit of a hack that will use a different instancing technique designed for lights and other non-geometric items. It should render fine, butbe aware that viewport displays will be affected and you won't be able to use Forest Colour.

I hope that helps,
Paul
Forest Pro (*) / Re: camera > Limit to visibility in Viewport is unusable
« Last post by grue on August 05, 2021, 03:07:24 PM »
thank you thank you... ok so i got it now.  i can set my active viewport to camera, with it set to "cameras" it updates the visibility and now i can go into other viewports and see it even orbit around in those views.  then "camera/perscpec." it updates if you are in perspective view!  kind of cool.  ok so my big thing then is to pretty much not use "all views" and just use "camera" like you said. thanks!
Forest Pro (*) / Re: How to save area values in ForestPackPro Preset (.fpe)
« Last post by Paul Roberts on August 05, 2021, 03:05:48 PM »
Hi,

Many of those settings are visible to maxscript so in theory you could create a tool to switch between presets. The relevant variables with some sample data are as follows:

Code: [Select]
--Name
$.arnamelist[i] = "Rectangle0012"
--Include or Exclude
$.arincexclist[i] = 0
--Thickness
$.arwidthlist[i] = 13.3
--Force Open Splines
$.arforceopenlist[i] = on
-- Select Models
$.arselspeclist[i] = on
--Surface Materials ID
$.arsurfidlist[i] = "1"
--Z Offset
$.arzoffset[i] = 4.78
-- Distribution Map
$.armaplist[i] = VRayBitmap ()
--Scale Override
$.arscalelist[i] = 157
--Threshold Override
$.arthresholdlist[i] = 175
--Falloff Density Override
$.arflafdenslist[i] = 100
--Falloff Scale override
$.arflafscalist[i] = 85
--Invert Curve
$.arflinvlist[i] = on
--Boundary Checking
$.arboundchecklist[i] = 1
-- Falloff Density on off
$.spdensact = on
--Density Include
$.spdensinc = 0.29
--Density Exlude
$.spdensexc = 1.36
--Falloff Scale on off
$.spscalact = on
-- Scale Include
$.spscalinc = 2.03
-- Scale Exclude
$.spscalexc = 2.67
-- Affect Height Only
$.spscalz = off

I hope that helps,
Paul

Forest Pro (*) / maintain uvw
« Last post by roysgi10 on August 05, 2021, 02:38:13 PM »
Hi. See attached image.
I used 3d max advane wood texture.
Without uvw modifier on the object.
Notice the top of the stump. Fp does not correct the UVW texture.
How do you solve this?
Thanks
Forest Pro (*) / Re: Border problem
« Last post by lingrenddd on August 05, 2021, 02:13:23 PM »
Thank you very much, I study this document.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10