Itoo Software Forum

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
RailClone Pro (*) / Replace Segment at Marker
« Last post by EI3056 on Today at 07:25:47 AM »
Hey everyone,

I would like to use markers to "replace" a segment instead of inserting it exactly at the marker postion.
Is this possible?

To clarify I have attached a screenshot. I would like to add a cube at a specific location instead of a sphere. Adding them at the marker will squisch and stretch the other spheres (red box).
I would like the box to "replace" the  sphere closest to the marker to keep all object uniform.
If its easier to setup replacing always the next segment instead of the closest would also work for me.

Thanks for you help.

RailClone Pro (*) / Re: Irregular pattern
« Last post by Lupaz on February 01, 2023, 08:51:14 PM »
Hi,
Old workflow but working well. The only difference you can nest it now.

https://forum.itoosoft.com/railclone-pro/pattern/msg20454/#msg20454

Perfect! Thank you very much
Forest Pro (*) / Re: Materials assignment issues when adding custom object
« Last post by Michal Karmazín on February 01, 2023, 03:36:49 PM »
Hi,

Thanks for your swift reply. Yes, in the case of the Corona renderer, it works in the same way – the used material isn’t imported – instead, it’s getting the material directly from the Custom Object(s) and upon our tests here it seems to work just fine.

Best regards,
« Last post by CM1251 on February 01, 2023, 03:20:11 PM »
Does the same happen with Corona? I've noticed when I add custom objects, I have to add their material to the FP object slot manually. Otherwise replacing objects from the browser updates said material like it should.
Forest Pro (*) / Re: Mirroring in custom edit mode
« Last post by CM1251 on February 01, 2023, 03:18:05 PM »
Glad to hear it works for you  :)
RailClone Pro (*) / Offset variation on each floor building
« Last post by GR4367 on February 01, 2023, 03:06:23 PM »
Hello there,
I´d like to ask how to offset segments on each floor like ref.
Thx a lot!
Forest Pro (*) / Re: Scatter octane render lights orientation problem
« Last post by Michal Karmazín on February 01, 2023, 02:25:01 PM »
Hi,

Big thanks for reporting it. We've been able to reproduce this behavior here too and we'll continue analyzing this issue - it'll need to be investigated more in deep by our main developers to see, where the problem might be and if it could be fixed from our side or the Otoy team will have to adjust their implementation. Hopefully, a solution will be found soon.

Best regards,
RailClone Pro (*) / Re: AS2 Auto align issues
« Last post by PD2965 on February 01, 2023, 12:25:37 PM »
Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me & applogies for the late response.

Is there anything that we can do in the short term to get the 'rc_apply_to_poly.ms' script working properly?

Cheers

Luke
« Last post by Michal Karmazín on February 01, 2023, 10:30:23 AM »
Hi,

In recent versions, the V-Ray renderer now uses “directly” material(s) assigned to each Custom Object (there isn't any material assigned under Forest's Geometry > Material). Once you manually assign any material to Forest's Geometry > Material (which unless you want to use another material isn’t really needed), it would remain there until it’ll be replaced by another one or by the Clear button. I hope that clears it up.

Best regards,
Forest Pro (*) / Re: Vray IPR blank materials issue
« Last post by Michal Karmazín on February 01, 2023, 10:09:41 AM »
Hi,

First, let me mention, that the IPR / IR mode has several limitations (in V-Ray and in Corona as well) and it's hard and sometimes even impossible to fix issues that occur with the Interactive Rendering as 3ds Max wasn't primarily designed for it - a series of cheats are being used (from the renderer side and from our side) to make it work.

If possible, please feel free to send us your scene (ideally simplified and containing just this problematic object(s)) to helpdesk@itoosoft.com to check it here. In case of a big file size, please use a web-sharing service like WeTransfer. Ideally, if you'll be able to reproduce it on a minimal scene, which you can send us, it would be great. Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10