Itoo Software Forum

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
RailClone Pro (*) / Re: Macro/Sequence
« Last post by Dragan on June 30, 2022, 10:23:55 PM »
new minidump...
RailClone Pro (*) / Door with more control
« Last post by RTstudio on June 30, 2022, 05:56:04 PM »
Hi there, yesterday I was practicing with the Door tutorial that was published in the last month Q&A Emission, everything ok with that, but I need some help improving my Door Design in order to have more control parameters.

The Door has Horizontal Board pzs and a Vertical one where is the Handle, I want to control with the size of the Boards and the quantity, right now I cannot closed the Horizontal Board and cannot control the quantity and size of the boards.

In the attahced File (Max 2020) there's an example that I have made using Parametric Controls with 3ds Max Splines and Modifiers. Hope someone could help me achieving the same results.

Thanks
RailClone Pro (*) / Passing size attributes through randomize nodes
« Last post by samrecentspaces on June 30, 2022, 05:22:45 PM »
Hi,

I'm currently trying to set up a random room generator using railclone.
The idea being that we would be able to take the outline of a room and place randomised furniture per spline element & control what geometry goes where by material ID's

e.g. ID one would have a bed, bedside tables & lamps on top, with each piece being from a random amount.

I was trying to set it up so that by outputting the x-size of the bed, I could offset the side-tables from the centre of the spline based on the size.
The problem I ran into was that when plugging two beds of different sizes into the randomise node, only the size of the widest bed is taken into account.

One solution is obviously to just ensure that all beds in this setup are the same width but I was hoping to have a bit more variation involved. Is there a different way to do it?

Cheers.
« Last post by Dragan on June 30, 2022, 04:22:15 PM »
Although, I think it`s working, but for some reason, the last Sequence input before termination is cut out.
RailClone Pro (*) / Re: RC Cylinder alignement problem
« Last post by Paul Roberts on June 30, 2022, 04:20:29 PM »
Attached is a RC style that can place a scaled segment onto the circles produced by that packing script.

Best,
Paul
« Last post by Dragan on June 30, 2022, 04:17:52 PM »
Still playing around with this style.

1. General > For No-Slice> Free or Preserve mode not working well.
2. Please check behavior on Sequence-Y for Reset at > Spline SECTION is ok but, Spline START is wrong.
Forest Pro (*) / Re: Toolbars resets everytime
« Last post by RTstudio on June 30, 2022, 04:17:25 PM »
Thanks for the reply Carlos, like I said, I've used the Reg Trick and create my own Toolbar, so my next question is, how can I restore the old Toolbars? Reinstalling the Plugin solve this? this is in case I want to restore everything.

Best Regards
Carlos Rodriguez
Forest Pro (*) / Crash with animated procedural trees
« Last post by Terri Brown on June 30, 2022, 03:43:16 PM »
Hi guys,

Similarly to this guy's post below, I am having crashes not in RC, but FP with animated trees. I have two trees, one high poly and one medium poly, plugged into a Forest LOD, which is in turned plugged into my fp object (trees on a piazza). Renders fine with animation disabled, but crashes when I try use Random Samples.
https://forum.itoosoft.com/railclone-pro-beta/v5-2-1b-crashes-in-3dsmax-2023/msg24627/?boardseen#new

I want to use the same technique as this tut:
https://www.itoosoft.com/tutorials/animation-controls-for-stills?back=page%3D8%26tag%3Dforestpack
GrowFX is the plugin I'm using to generate my trees.

I will email the minidump file as it's to large for this forum.

Using latest version of max, FP and vray.

Thanks,
Terri
« Last post by Paul Roberts on June 30, 2022, 02:36:20 PM »
I see, I doubt you will get this effect quite right with Forest Pack because as I say it doesn't really have a packing algorithm. Maybe this circle packing MCG could help? http://www.scriptspot.com/3ds-max/mcg/mcg-circle-packing

Best,
Paul
« Last post by NHimages on June 30, 2022, 02:27:48 PM »
Thnaks Paul,

I'll check this. I'm afraid it's not enough to solve my problem because if there i too much space between the circles it will give the impression that they can fall (it would be like stumps circle cuts on a wall) but I'll try to play with the parameters to find a solution, thanks !
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10