Itoo Software Forum

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
RailClone Pro (*) / Re: Why are my tiles growing?
« Last post by TL1895 on Today at 04:40:25 PM »
Thanks a lot Dragan  8)
« Last post by Dragan on Today at 03:46:18 PM »
« Last post by TL1895 on Today at 01:58:34 PM »
Hi,

That particular macro forces the geometry to standard proportions so that a typical brick wall can turn corners and maintain the running bond pattern. If you don't need the corners you can keep it much simpler by just alternating full and half-size tiles on the Y axis in the start and end inputs. The attached file should help illustrate.

I hope that helps,

Paul

Dear Paul,

Would you mind uploading the file for Max2019 please?
Thank you so much.
RailClone Pro (*) / Re: Tile hanging with club tiles
« Last post by T20_Vision on September 30, 2022, 03:12:47 PM »
Thank you for the reply.

I'll give the clipping planes a try.
RailClone Pro (*) / Re: Tile hanging with club tiles
« Last post by Michal Karmazín on September 30, 2022, 03:08:44 PM »
Hi,

For the rows, please feel free to get inspired by the bundled “Small Plane Tiles with Decorative rows“ style, where you can easily define the number of “standard” rows and “decorative” rows, but in the case of rhombus shapes (or any other shapes which would be tricky to configure by simple rules), you should define these areas by Clipping Splines and handle these in separated Generators.

I hope that helps.

Best regards,
« Last post by TL1895 on September 30, 2022, 02:21:14 PM »
Hi Paul,

Oh silly me, that makes a lot of sense as it's called "bricks macro."
Well, thanks again for your help, perhaps I can use it on the next one!

Have a great weekend,
TL1895
RailClone Pro (*) / Tile hanging with club tiles
« Last post by T20_Vision on September 30, 2022, 01:47:16 PM »
Hi all.

I've only had the need to make use of the standard tiling libraries so far. But now have a project which requires club tiles within the tile hanging. Firstly is this effect possible in RailClone, and if so how can it be achieved? I have included some images for reference, which I actually need a mixture of the 2 (line drawing)

Thank you.
Forest Pro (*) / wishlist: visible difference between non-generating forest icons by cause
« Last post by eqko on September 30, 2022, 01:28:10 PM »
So here's the thing, we use a boatload of forests in our scenes.
We also use limit to camera a lot.
But a forest that is limited to camera and NOT seen by said camera has the same Forest Icon as a Forest that is not being generated because it's broken.
And with broken I mean it has no items, or it's set to surface but the surface is deleted etc.

It makes troubleshooting difficult if Forest not generated 'on purpose' look the same as broken ones.

Is it at all possible for you guys to determine the cause of a forest not being generated ? and if so, would it be possible to then give the forest icon a color based on that cause.

I would already be happy if the one not generated because of cam-limit would be green and everything else the current orange.
It would be bonus if the Icon would become red if the reason is 0/missing all items or area or surface.

Just some 2 cents on the matter.
« Last post by Paul Roberts on September 30, 2022, 10:49:43 AM »
Hi,

That particular macro forces the geometry to standard proportions so that a typical brick wall can turn corners and maintain the running bond pattern. If you don't need the corners you can keep it much simpler by just alternating full and half-size tiles on the Y axis in the start and end inputs. The attached file should help illustrate.

I hope that helps,

Paul
RailClone Pro (*) / Re: Simple cladding problem
« Last post by Michal Karmazín on September 30, 2022, 10:29:42 AM »
Hi,

Well, the mentioned style uses the “Scale final segmentmacro. If you prefer to “slightly scale all these to fit”, you should be using the Adaptive Mode for the Default Segment instead.

The adaptive mode calculates the number of whole segments that would fit along a spline segment and then scales them on the X axis to fill the available space. This mode generates complete segments, with no clipping at the start or end of a spline segment.

I hope that helps.

Best regards,
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10