Itoo Software Forum

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Forest Pro beta / Vray Next Beta 2
« Last post by FC1888 on Today at 03:46:25 AM »
Just for your information really

Today, Vray Next beta 2 was announced and I have downloaded it.

However, I have now decided to wait until Vray Next and FP 6 are both final. I took the risk of installing FP 6 on Max 2014, with 3.60 and all was eventually ok, after reporting a few glitches, apart from the little problem of the vertical presets library, not picking up it's materials, everything else is working just great, At least for me anyway. Though some have problems with IPR etc, with my workflow, that isn't really a problem...

From the change log, there is only one mention concerning Forest Pack. In the Bug Fixes section, it reads

V-Ray: Crash when calculating light cache in scenes with Forest Colour texture with multiple maps;
RailClone Pro (*) / corner in Array 2S closed spline and roof issues.
« Last post by OJ3358 on February 21, 2018, 08:27:25 PM »
Hello !

I am really enjoying Railclone so far, and I wanted to go further in my learning by creating a complete structure. But I have some issues for the roof.
I want to do a japanese temple roof, which is a curved one.
If I use a surface and a spline for the clipping area, I have multiple problem (elements crushing each others, and the surface projection creating a space between the elements. (image n°1)

So I figured out that I should just use two splines which worked only if the spline is the exterior of the roof (image n°2) do you know what to do to make it work if it's the other spline ? (if the array start at the top). I will still use the bottom spline I think, but for personnal knowledge I would love to know why there are those gaps in the corner (and not all of them, as you can see).

Then I realized that, because the spline is closed, I can't have corners, is there a way to prevent that ? (I can't break the spline because if I do so, it won't slice the elements anymore).
Maybe I am all wrong, that's why I expose those different phases of constructing the roof. If you have any idea on what are the problem with my scene, there it is with those different tests.

Best regards,
Cyril
Forest Pro beta / Re: Tree editor / Item sditor
« Last post by DamianM on February 21, 2018, 08:08:51 PM »
Than You very much ! Everything is perfect !
Forest Pro beta / Re: Tree editor / Item sditor
« Last post by Michal Karmazín on February 21, 2018, 05:42:37 PM »
Hi,

Which options are you trying to find? The Custom Edit features are accessible under the Items Editor rollout and the former Creation Tools are now " fully dynamic" > "Added new Distribution modes (available from the Distribution rollup):
    • Image, the default mode in previous versions.
    • Using Reference objects, by Pivot point or Mesh faces.
    • Along a Path.
    • From a Particle Flow.
NB Reference and Path modes replace Tree Editor > Creation Tools, which have been removed."

Hope that helps.

Best regards,
Forest Pro (*) / Making Large Preset Meadow
« Last post by MU3245 on February 21, 2018, 04:38:43 PM »
I'm trying to make a large size preset of a meadow with grass and dandelions. I'm using 3 circular patches from CG Axis. I followed the process described in the tutorial here on the Itoo site.

It works but I can see the circular edge of some of the patches. I've tried adjusting the transform parameters and other things but this issue never goes away. any ideas on how I might mitigate this? Thanks in advance.

A small thumbnail I created for the preset is attached. You can see what I mean.
Forest Pro (*) / Re: Using Bitmap in transform maps
« Last post by Michal Karmazín on February 21, 2018, 04:23:23 PM »
Hi,

Depending on how your bitmap looks like, you should mark the Color map (RGB->XYZ) option or not. As mentioned in our on-line reference guide:

"If the 'Color map' checkbox if off, the map is evaluated in monochrome mode, the white color is considered as the Max rotation value, and the black color as Min. Turning on 'Color map', the RGB components of the image are used to define the scale for each axis, in this way: Red color-> X, Green color->Y, Blue color->Z. If you have three monochrome scale maps, one for axis, it is easy to combine them in a unique RGB map using a Composite map .."

In case of having troubles with it, please feel free to send us a simplified scene to check it here.

Best regards,
Image Uploads / House C3
« Last post by Cristero on February 21, 2018, 04:22:27 PM »
Hey guys, second project fully done with Corona. This time I wanted to challenge myself a bit more and I took the inspiration from a project I saw years ago online.
My attention got caught by the beautiful skylight, and as soon as I saw it I felt I had to do it in 3d. You can check the original here: https://www.archdaily.com/620249/hou...l-architecture
Forest Pack for the grass.
Hi-res pictures here:
https://www.behance.net/gallery/6219...se-C3-Full-CGI
https://www.flickr.com/photos/133000...h/26448225398/
Forest Pro beta / vray IPR
« Last post by Rokas on February 21, 2018, 02:44:36 PM »
IPR renders proxy mesh not what it represents.

Attached scene hangs max when trying to render with IPR
Forest Pro beta / Re: Nested Forests
« Last post by Rokas on February 21, 2018, 01:35:43 PM »
Thank You for thorough explanation. Good to understand.

I know some users hates popups, but this case deserve an pop up too:

"Some of Your forestpack objects has no material assigned.
It may not render as expected."
... problem to solve...
Railing combining evenly glass segments and concrete segments..

The best solution is to save Material ID limits for reversing direction of the railing and to mix different styles (full concrete segments or full glass segments).

It will be good to have an option for master Y offset. Simple  reverse of selected spline segments to reverse railing direction will not work because it will change offset direction too.

tnx.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10