Itoo Software Forum

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
RailClone Pro (*) / Best workflow to create Array 2S in x, y and z
« Last post by RobH2 on Today at 02:54:41 PM »
I'm creating a wire mesh for a Gabian wall. A Gabian wall is a wiremesh box filled with rock and is used to control erosion.

It's essentially a wire cage. I've created an Array 2S to form one face but now would like to be able to easily control the depth of the cage. I can duplicate and mirror the Array 2S I have to form the back but how do I fill in the sides, top and bottom? It appears as if I'm going to need to make an Array 2s for each side. Doing this doesn't make it very friendly to adjust for different overall sizes

I was wondering if there was a better way?

RailClone Pro (*) / Re: Increment Evenly Distance
« Last post by Bruce Hart on Today at 01:42:26 AM »
Sorry the image attached was just to illustrate the gradient increase between a line or segment.  The new attached image explains it better.  The posts have the distance between them incremented by 100mm each time.
RailClone Pro (*) / Re: Fit segments
« Last post by Dragan on February 15, 2019, 11:11:05 PM »
Done, for now.
I manage to keep Macro.  :)

- 10 Input Slots + 1 Input Slot for Null segment indexed as `0`
- 20 Compose Segment Places (select 1-10 to place Segments)
- Free X-size Segment is auto-calculated and placed at Start or End
- Free X-size Segment can be selected by Index
- Null Segments with Fixed X-size can be set for the gaps
- Adaptive mode on/off - Tile/Scale/Adaptive
- Material ID Limit

The new issue is placing a Free X-size element at a position rather than Start/End.
A common problem for kitchen cabinets. Freezers are usually at Start/End position but if at the same time Corner is included then I have a problem because both Elements should have a fixed size.

C&C are welcome.
Thank you.
Dragan

RailClone Pro (*) / Re: Failed Roof
« Last post by Dorota on February 15, 2019, 10:00:50 PM »
What causes this behavior? I also noticed that reversing a spline isn't working.

https://youtu.be/qJDrn3z007k

Try to change line's material ID to be the same for every segment or change "Cherarchy checking" (Style Editor-Array 2S-Clipping area section) to "None".
This webinar mentioned about it ---> 57:43
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDa-mu1Zo8M
RailClone Pro (*) / Re: Failed Roof
« Last post by UC3472 on February 15, 2019, 09:41:44 PM »
I ended up using a displacement map. When I try again and it happens again, I'll share.
Forest Pro (*) / Re: Spline scatter - Different spacings per spline
« Last post by Macker on February 15, 2019, 04:36:55 PM »
Excellent, thank you.
Forest Pro (*) / Re: Spline scatter - Different spacings per spline
« Last post by iToo on February 15, 2019, 03:57:29 PM »
No. To avoid this issue, we designed the plugin to share the geometry, between all Forest objects in the scene.

Forest Pro (*) / Re: Network Rendering Problem Colours
« Last post by Rokas on February 15, 2019, 03:48:14 PM »
Repathing is not necessary. Please read this topic.
RailClone Pro (*) / Re: Increment Evenly Distance
« Last post by Rokas on February 15, 2019, 03:16:50 PM »
can You draw Your segments and spaces between?

In ilustration i see different segments stacked one after the other without any distance between them.
Forest Pro (*) / Re: Network Rendering Problem Colours
« Last post by EH2026 on February 15, 2019, 03:15:01 PM »
Got it kind of sorted although it's not a solution long term, I had to re-path all forest pack maps to a shared network drive. Something must be confusing FP under the default library settings. As I said before this has never been an issue.

Essentially for now it means applying the presets such as the grasses and should I want to network render particularly an animation I have to repath all the maps to the network drive.

Also when installing forest pack and using the shared network drive why does it only download the zip files which you have to uncompress? This seems broken to me. Also shouldn't it repath all the presets in the library to the shared path?

Anyways it's still a great plugin  :)

Jason
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10