Animal - you're my drummer-hero !   8)

Thank you so much !!!!
RailClone Pro (*) / Re: Tutorial Files "Create Ivy with RailClone"
« Last post by Dragan on Today at 04:34:09 PM »
RailClone Pro (*) / Tutorial Files "Create Ivy with RailClone"
« Last post by suppenhuhn on Today at 03:49:16 PM »
Hi,

i was trying to open the tutorial files of your ivy creation macro here:
https://www.itoosoft.com/tutorials/creating-ivy-in-3ds-max-with-railclone?utm_source=social&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=ivy+tutorial

But i can't open the file because it was made in a higher version than mine -> i'm using 3ds Max 2019.

Would it be possible for someone to be so kind saving this file in a 2019 version for me ?? Would be awesome!  ;D
Forest Pro (*) / Re: Improving the FP user experience
« Last post by CM1251 on Today at 02:21:00 PM »
Just out of curiosity, have you tried setting up Forest Pack with the default settings you like and saving that as the default state?  Whenever I load my FP, it's always set to Point Cloud. My transform randomization is set, as are many of the max objects/faces limits imposed under Display and Distribution so I don't have to input the same values every time I make a new FP object.

I believe to do this, open a blank FP object in your scene - don't add any objects to it. Go to the Viewport Display settings and pick Point Cloud (and you can enable Shade and Use Colour ID too). Then under the General Tab, save this as "default" - no quotes. The next time you make a FP object, these settings should be saved.
Forest Pro (*) / Re: Mirroring in custom edit mode
« Last post by CM1251 on Today at 02:16:00 PM »
You could turn on Enable Horizontal Mirror at the bottom of the Transform Tab. Then when you place your actor, hit reseed (under Items Editor) on that single item a few times until they flip the way you want. You may have to re-rotate them around so they face the right direction.

If you continue to use that other mirroring trick with the negative X or Y values, be sure to throw a Normal modifier on the asset and check ON Flip Normals.
Forest Pro (*) / Re: Limited to camera view
« Last post by FD7518 on Today at 04:14:37 AM »
Sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt but viewport doesnt show limited view unlike when you choose camera manually
Forest Pro (*) / Limited to camera view
« Last post by FD7518 on Today at 04:10:01 AM »
Hi,
I still cannot get octane to only show trees that only camera sees.

Itoo works great when I manually select a  camera ( it shows us limited trees in octane viewport and 3ds max )  but it never works right when a camera is set to NONE whether we check camera/ir or not  Thank you
Hi,

I see – we’ll check what can be done to bypass this limitation. Meanwhile, using the Update File > Update Now within the XRef Scenes window should help. Unfortunately, there are several restrictions to any object referenced within XRef Scene(s).

Best regards, 
Hi Michal,

the problem is that I can neither press the build button nor run the script since the model with the railclone is actualy an xRef'd scene.
I have no access to the actual RailClone object because of that.
Hi,

As mentioned in this tightly related thread: “Well, to maintain the optimal performance, the "automatic rebuilding" of the RC object is triggered just on some 3ds max events when using the Extend X/Y Size to Area mode. Using the Display/Build > Build button should do the trick. Optionally, you can disable&enable the RC object by using Maxscript in the following way to “refresh” it:

$.disabled = on;
$.disabled = off;

We'll check what can be done in future versions."

Best regards,
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10