Itoo Software Forum

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
RailClone Pro (*) / Help!
« Last post by Dragan on July 25, 2021, 10:27:43 AM »
Hi,
I need to make a Composed (Sequence) Distribution on "BBB L1S" but combining segments from "AAA L1S" respecting position order&size from AAA.SegmentXcounter.
I don`t know how distribution will look like in a matter of number/order but segments from "AAA" will be just placed somewhere in a Composed Sequence. So, looking at this example:
- Box, Teapot, Cylinder segments can vary in placement & count
- Sphere form "AAA" should respect order, size, and number, so just 4 segments will be present

I`m crying for over a year for better interchange data between Generators in the same Style/RC Object.
It will be great if Distribution Compose from "BBB" can use information about SegmentCounter of Segments getting from "AAA"  ???
Any ideas about this one?
tnx

Macros Segment&Numeric outputs
Believe it or not, I often have a need to have both outputs (segment and numeric) at the same time.
Could this be possible in the future so we get both output dots (orange for segment and yellow for numeric)?
RailClone Pro (*) / any fix on this?
« Last post by manel_reig on July 24, 2021, 04:16:20 PM »
Hello,

I was cleaning and trying to improove old railclone styles, and realised that with railclone 4 this problem is still there... https://forum.itoosoft.com/railclone-pro-(*)/closedopen-splines-in-2d-arrays/msg25979/#msg25979

is there a way to create buildings with a closed spline using the expresion  "x corner" composed three segments (bottom, middle and top) [ return if(YSplinePosition == 0, 1, if(YSplinePosition == 1, 3, 2)); ] in a selector node....maybe there is a better expresion?

I am trying to achieve styles to build whole buildings, and working with a composed "x corner" makes thing easier and more logical for buildings.

thank you

RailClone Pro (*) / Re: Deformation during cloning
« Last post by enzo_87 on July 24, 2021, 09:23:29 AM »
Hi Dragan,
no worries and thanks a lot for the time spent on this, really appreciated it.
I'm gonna check everything out to understand the limits of my knowledge.
Thanks again  ;)

Lorenzo
RailClone Pro (*) / Re: RailCone 5 new features requests
« Last post by Dragan on July 24, 2021, 08:41:49 AM »
Thank you, Carlos.
Yes, make perfect sense.
Maybe to enable it locally just for the working scene or find a way to temporally hide some group of nodes eg. Hide/Collapse everything in a NOTE BOX (on RMB we can see options for Collapse/Expand but with no effect).
So, now we have "Move Content" checkbox and to add "Hide/Collapse Content"

RailClone Pro (*) / Re: RailCone 5 new features requests
« Last post by iToo on July 24, 2021, 08:08:09 AM »
It's not possible, sorry. Segments (together Parameters and Splines) are special nodes, which are stored in 3DS Max parameters.
There is not a simple way to embed them in a macro, without loosing the link with Max. Internally Macros are stored as a XML string, so can be saved and exported easily.
RailClone Pro (*) / Re: Deformation during cloning
« Last post by Dragan on July 23, 2021, 08:19:13 PM »
hi..
Sorry but I don`t have time to explain everything :-\
I have exposed all parameters as Numeric or Constant so you can see what I have done.
Basically, the problem is in the Spline position which is good but if you are using Pivots to offset the Segments on radius it is logical to get an Evenly result like yours.
So I have just repositioned the Pivots, create some nested generators, and did offsets in Master Generator so RC has better distribution on Evenly.
You are still going to have some overlapping on sostegno defaults but that I guess that can be solved with Vertex welding (or do one more Base spline for this)

Sorry, I can help you more I have a project deadline :-\ :'(

RailClone Pro (*) / Deformation during cloning
« Last post by enzo_87 on July 23, 2021, 06:16:51 PM »
Hi everyone,
I'm in the situation where I have to place some molding on a surface, it's a bar counter.
Unfortunately when it clones on a curved spline it deforms the objects.
Do you guys know how to fix this problem by a chance?

Second problem, on the metal part where you put you feet on, I'm trying to clone evenly the supports...but again, on the curved part this doesn't happen.

Attached there is the max file(2021): https://www.dropbox.com/t/zWsx2SbL3xiPuOU7

PS: originally I started with a unique piece and then sliced, so as to clone it with the linear tool. but even here I had the problem with deformation.
having the problem I tried to separate everything

Lorenzo
RailClone Pro (*) / Embedded segments in Macros >>> RC 5 new features requests
« Last post by Dragan on July 23, 2021, 05:49:38 PM »
Embedded segments in Macros.
It will be nice if we could use classic Segments besides Inputs so those can be embedded into Macro.
That way we could have much cleaner Styles and hierarchy levels. 

RailClone Pro (*) / Re: uvw XFORM OFFSET
« Last post by manel_reig on July 23, 2021, 03:29:58 PM »
thank you Paul, that is a good idea..sorry but sometimes I feel kind of dumb when dealing with railclone
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10