Itoo Software Forum

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Thanks for the reply. Yes, I noticed that I could not getting ANY railclone object to render after upgrading Arnold.

But I'm still stuck. I have not found a way to downgrade the Arnold version in 3ds Max 2022. When I try to remove it in Control Panel, it appears to work, but then if I try to install and older version of Arnold, it says that Arnold is already installed. Sure enough, when I reboot, the latest version of MaxtoA is back in the Control Panel again. It appears I can't remove it.

Any ideas?
Forest Pro (*) / Re: Unity script feature request
« Last post by MI3393 on October 23, 2021, 01:17:40 PM »
How exactly do you exchange FBXs in an imported forest object?

Dave
Forest Pro (*) / Re: Forest Crash on save
« Last post by iToo on October 22, 2021, 10:33:49 AM »
Hi, thanks for the files.

We tried in a couple of workstations, but could not reproduce the problem using your scene.
It could be caused by something specific to your configuration (i.e. we have not TyFlow)

Anyway, checking the minidump, i see it crashes in a process used to clean the Forest template layer, when scene is saved.
For some reason, Max is sending a null reference to the plugin. Theorically this should not happen.

So i added a checking in the code, to handle this null reference and avoid the crash.
I will send you a custom patch by e-mail. I hope it works.

Forest Pro (*) / Re: Thinner Hedge
« Last post by Michal Karmazín on October 22, 2021, 09:01:22 AM »
Hi,

As mentioned in this tightly related post by my colleague Paul: “The hedge presets are created by distributing pre-built models so I'm afraid there's not a way to control them parametrically. You can always scale the source geometry …”

Best regards,
Forest Pro (*) / Re: Random distribution
« Last post by iToo on October 22, 2021, 08:58:16 AM »
Hi,

No, sorry. There are not plans to change it.

Forest core is based in a pattern distribution, and there are tons of functions which depend of this.
From the multithread scattering process (which uses the pattern rows), to Camera clipping, etc. To change it, we basically should rewrite the core from scratch.

Although Forest includes other distribution modes (Reference, Path, etc), these are very different from the 'Image' mode. A new 'Random' mode would be too similar to 'Image'.
RailClone Pro (*) / Re: Expression to specify the id limits
« Last post by Jahred on October 21, 2021, 11:27:45 PM »
Ok thank you, hoping you manage to implement it for RC5.
Forest Pro (*) / Random distribution
« Last post by Lupaz on October 21, 2021, 08:23:13 PM »
Hello,

I use Forest Pack 6.

One thing that I really don't like about Forest Pack is that it seems to distribute objects in a grid pattern. This is mostly visible when it's in full mode.

In order to randomize the position, the solution is to use transforms. But this isn't really randomizing the position. It's basically moving each object based on their location on the grid.

Are there plans to improve this in the future?

AFAIK, corona scatter does this much better for example. The distribution is truly random.

Thanks.
Forest Pro (*) / Re: Forest Crash on save
« Last post by Davius on October 21, 2021, 04:00:55 PM »
Hey Carlos! Thanks for the reply.

Here's the minidump

I'll send a link to that email to the file and associated assets.

Cheers
RailClone Pro (*) / Re: Building generator with specific height and colour constraints.
« Last post by Rio on October 21, 2021, 01:52:19 PM »
Hi Paul, just coming back to this, I'm trying to control the roof colours with markers too, is this possible? The difference being that the roof area is defined by a clipping area, rather than as a standard array. I would need to vary the roof colour independantly to the walls, so is it possible to dop this with another RCspline mod on top of the other one, or another layer of user data?
Forest Pro (*) / Thinner Hedge
« Last post by IO3387 on October 21, 2021, 12:50:16 PM »
 I'm wondering how I can make hedge thinner ?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10