Itoo Software Forum

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
RailClone Pro (*) / Re: Railclone windows - some questions
« Last post by Paulo R. Beck on August 18, 2018, 04:02:58 PM »
I had a similar problem, when I switch off the panel in my window (That is a nest style)  my window frame disappears
RailClone Pro (*) / sub array macro
« Last post by Dragan on August 18, 2018, 09:20:16 AM »
Hi
Is this a bug or I`m missing something?
Is Sub Array suppose to cover dimension of my reference plane I set below  RC spline?
The size of the Sub Array & refernece Plane is 150x200cm. Spline is 200x300cm and the Sub Array is connected to the StartButtom.

Best Regards
Dragan
RailClone Lite / Re: Brick Building with Noise Modifier
« Last post by iToo on August 18, 2018, 09:08:45 AM »
Hello,

Applying any modifier to the RailClone object will disable the instancing engine, and the object will be handle as a single (huge) mesh.
Unfortunately there is no way to avoid that, since is the way that the Max pipeline works.

If you want to add some variation to the bricks, i would suggest to randomize a bit the position of each segment, using a Transform node.

I hope that helps.
RailClone Pro (*) / Re: Animate Segment Visibility
« Last post by archaeotect on August 18, 2018, 08:54:45 AM »
After some tests I've decided that this method is simply too complicated and time-consuming. I have animated several RailClone objects with multiple generators each (which I'd have to separate), and I've randomized just about everything (transforms, MatIDs, UVWs), so I'd have to manually create an arithmetic expression and custom parameter for each individual value of each of those nodes.

Right now I'll revert to creating standalone objects with RailClone Tools and animate them manually. But thanks for the suggestion!

I don't know if this is the right place for a feature request, but it would be nice if things like this could be made easier, maybe with a macro that created (pseudo-)random values based on position (in world-space?) or a checkbox to not re-calculate random values when segment changes. Something as easy as V-Ray's "lock noise pattern" for animations.
RailClone Pro (*) / Re: Another Topic about Windows.
« Last post by James Vella on August 18, 2018, 07:03:36 AM »
Excellent!
« Last post by archaeotect on August 17, 2018, 10:15:22 PM »
Interestingly, this seems to work on one generator only. In a RC style with multiple generators all except one still switch randomly, even though the same transform node with the arithmetic expression plugs into all generators. Once I turn this generator off, the next one works.
RailClone Pro (*) / Re: Another Topic about Windows.
« Last post by Paulo R. Beck on August 17, 2018, 07:33:51 PM »
It was all a matter of using the expression  YSplineLength - Input1;
Thank you very much, now I have to do the horizontal panel...

RailClone Pro (*) / Macro Not Working? "Animate Along Path"
« Last post by biglittlepictures on August 17, 2018, 06:13:12 PM »
I tried to use the Macro "Animate Along Path".  I linked all nodes properly and it seems to do nothing.  Sometimes the object flickers, but it certainly isn't logical.  Is there someone on the team that can further explain this macro?  It'd be awesome to use this for many uses if I could understand it and/or see a case where it is working.

Here's my use case that created the question:  Two lane highway, extruded with RC.  Using the same highway source path, use that to animate cars on both sides of the highway, going proper opposite directions.  The only way I got this to work was to create a second derivative "outline path"  in max, then make a second rail clone for the cars/trucks and use the outlined path as the flow for the cars.  To animate the flow without flicker, I unchecked "Full Length" and animated Start value.

Side note: It would be great if there were elaborated on notes for items in included macros.  This would serve as a great learning method. 
Any Help Appreciated,
-Joel
RailClone Lite / Brick Building with Noise Modifier
« Last post by johnlanius79 on August 17, 2018, 04:57:26 PM »
Hello,

I am using railclone to generate bricks for a building.  If I add a noise modifier to the railclone itself...then my computer's memory gets maxed out at render time
if i add a noise modifier to the surface that the bricks are being generated on....the bricks no longer align.
Keep in mind this is a brick building...so it's vertical
Any thoughts?

Thanks.
« Last post by archaeotect on August 17, 2018, 12:00:13 PM »
Brilliant! That's exactly what I was looking for.

Could you walk me through the expression a bit, though?
You use the Spline Coordinates to create randomness, right? And the randomness parameter acts as random seed?
So where do you derive the scale value of 50 from?
And what does the maxRnd variable do exactly?

Thank you very much!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10