Itoo Software Forum

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Hi there,

I have bumped into the need of having macros to spit out multiple outputs mesh as well as numeric.

Sometimes you have a model generated in the macro, which you of course want put out  - and at the same time some mumeric or boolean values, also generated inside the macro that you want put out at the same time. Macros can currently, to my knowledge, only output one thing, either an object or a value. That is sometimes too narrow. Even when we talk about numeric outputs only, it could be cool with more output than one, fx. a conditional output, where each condition was an attribute - and even better when combined with an object output.

I am currently sitting with a setup that probably  can be solved with a snake farm of connections, - but could be SO much more elegant with one or more attribute outputs.

Is that a possibility in near future?   (please please, pretty please)
Tutorials / Re: Creating randomised books
« Last post by CharlyRT on Today at 04:39:13 PM »
Hi Michal:

Thanks for the tip and the file, this will be useful
-About the "transform affects size", in this example I need to deactivate for each segment, this option is not avaiable in the transform operator, could we have it in future release?
-About random seed for Nests segments..... doesnt seem to work anymore, Do I need to activate something else?
Forest Pro (*) / Re: Transform accuracy
« Last post by RealViz on Today at 03:56:07 PM »
« Last post by RealViz on Today at 03:43:37 PM »
Yes I also thought it was by assigning a different operator. Unfortunately neither works for some reason. Not a problem with you in "." and "," we use Czech environment. Anyway, I also tried "." and ",".
Everything works OK in the whole 3ds max environment. Just not for transform FP :-(
« Last post by Michal Karmazín on Today at 02:04:26 PM »
Hi,

You should be able to use significantly lower values, corresponding to the units defined in the Customize > Units Setup window. If you're using the Numeric Operator, please ensure it is set to the Float or Scene Units type (not Integer). That should help.

Best regards,
Forest Pro (*) / Transform accuracy
« Last post by RealViz on Today at 01:25:24 PM »
Hi, would it be possible to add to the accuracy of the transforms? For example, if I am distributing seats in a stadium and I want to rotate them slightly (for a more realistic look) even a 1° tilt is too much. Would it be possible to enter values in tenths/sevenths? Thank you
Hi,

I highly recommend using tileable textures. With tileable textures, you can utilize the Apply Box Mapping feature along with the Random > Offset feature of the UVW XForm Operator to achieve the desired look.

The link you can add by using the url tag in the following way:
Code: [Select]
[url=https://forum.itoosoft.com/]text[/url]
I hope this helps.

Best regards,
Tutorials / Re: Creating randomised books
« Last post by Michal Karmazín on Today at 09:20:14 AM »
Hi Charly,

Since this tutorial was recorded, the behavior of the Transform operator has changed slightly. Initially, rotating using the fixed transform controls did not alter the size of the bounding box used to calculate adjacent segments. However, in recent versions, to match the behavior of the Segment node, the bounding box does change when using the fixed transform controls, causing the segments to be pushed apart.

To address this, instead of entering the angle in the Fixed Rotation settings, set identical values in both the minimum and maximum fields in the Random Transform section. Ensure that the "Transform affects size" option is disabled. This will rotate the objects without altering the bounding box size.

Please note that you may experience slight overlapping since the segments are rotating in their original positions. For greater accuracy, you can use expressions to calculate the exact position of adjacent segments based on the bounding box's width, height, and angle, along with some trigonometry. I've attached an example of this technique for your reference.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,
Forest Pro (*) / Re: Pinestraw
« Last post by Michal Karmazín on Today at 08:43:39 AM »
Hi Bobby,

I'm sorry to hear you're facing these troubles. It might be that you're using the Forest Color map and currently, the Forest Color map is only partially supported by V-Ray GPU - using the Get Color from Map feature with Random values or As a texture on the Surface is not supported at the moment.

Thanks in advance for any further comments on this issue that you can share with us or our user community (in case some users encounter similar troubles).

Best regards,
Forest Pro (*) / Re: ETA Forest Pro 9 Beta and 3ds Max 2025
« Last post by iToo on Today at 08:43:32 AM »
Yes, we are very close.
We only need to make some adjustments to the Ivy samples, and prepare the Update Manager packages.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10